Florida makes a great Squirrel decision

pacecars

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission made a great decision in allowing squirrels to be hunted year round on private property. Now if they would open it up to the management areas for those that don’t have access to private land it would be great

Lilly001

So now squirrels join rabbits, Coons and pigs as all being in season year round in Fl?
Great. You could survive down there off of those without firing a shot.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
So now squirrels join rabbits, Coons and pigs as all being in season year round in Fl?
Great. You could survive down there off of those without firing a shot.
What they need to do is kill off all those escaped boas and lizards that are eating all the small animals and birds. Actually small animals is not right either, the snakes take alligators and deer sized animals also. I haven’t heard of people being taken and I hope I don’t.

specialk

What they need to do is kill off all those escaped boas and lizards that are eating all the small animals and birds. Actually small animals is not right either, the snakes take alligators and deer sized animals also. I haven’t heard of people being taken and I hope I don’t.
a lot of them didnt escape, the were thrown out the trunk of a car....

Gator89

I’m guessing this is just for gray squirrels?

Yes, not applicable to fox squirrels.

3. Squirrel hunting on private land: Allow the take of gray squirrels year-round on lands outside the WMA system.

bullgator

I disagree with it,the animals need time to reproduce,might not id a momma ,then her little ones starve to death
Hawks can do the same thing

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Where I lived in Fla. 1000s is a understatement. I could kill 100 and never miss a beat. The guy next to me did the same. N. Fl. Not saying all of Fl is like that. I don’t know. I think it’s that way for pest squirrel. Most hunters wait til the fall to hunt.
They may of got tired of going to Billy house cause they where destroying the bird feeders. Neighbor reportiibg he’s killing my squirrels. My guess.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Where I lived in Fla. 1000s is a understatement. I could kill 100 and never miss a beat. The guy next to me did the same. N. Fl. Not saying all of Fl is like that. I don’t know. I think it’s that way for pest squirrel. Most hunters wait til the fall to hunt.
They may of got tired of going to Billy house cause they where destroying the bird feeders. Neighbor reportiibg he’s killing my squirrels. My guess.
No doubt that played a part in it

pacecars

It will be easier for people with pecan groves and fruit trees to get rid of pests