Foggy Bottom Hunt

gabuckeye

As I promised - the story on the Foggy Bottom Hunt given away by Joe Anderson to my son. We really enjoyed meeting Joe and his family. He is a first class guy! We really liked him from the start. My son said Mr. Joe really likes people and wants to get to know them. Joe even had us come and shoot fireworks with his family on New Years Eve. His farm is absolutly beautiful! Plenty of woods, open fields and crops. I don't think I have hunted in a more pretty setting. He and several of his friends were really wonderful with my son. As you may remember my son is autistic. My son had never been able to climb above 3 feet. Joe had that taken care of - he has handicapped stands. By the end of the first day, Joe's friends had my son climbing up a ladder and into a tower stand. I was amazed! My son did so again the next day like it was nothing. Trust me it was something. I haven't been able to get him up a ladder ever! We saw deer while driving in the first morning (one looked to be a good 2 1/2 yr old 10 pt). We didn't see a single deer out of the stand. Our luck changed and the next three hunts we saw plenty of deer. In all we saw about 75 does in our 4 hunts. We also saw I think 11 bucks. We were looking for 3 1/2 year old or older bucks. Only saw 3 of those and one was a high rack 7 point before daylight, one only gave a brief view and was gone and one was a big broken rack 8 point on the last hunt. We were allowed to shoot does anytime we wanted but choose to wait on a big buck. We saw huge groups of turkeys every where we went. On the last hunt my son attempted a long shot on a big doe but didn't connect. There were 4 does taken that evening. We really enjoyed our hunt and I'm sure my son will never forget it. I would reccommend Joe and Foggy Bottom to anyone.
Again thanks Joe for the wonderful time and memories you provided us.
Gabuckeye

Duff

I don't care what you think of huntin a fenced area, that is a great story gabuckeye :clap: :clap: . I'll bet your son will never forget that experience. Hats off to Mr. Anderson

Eshad

Congratulations GaBuckeye on time well spent that neither of you will ever forget. Thanks also to Mr. Anderson for making it possible. :cool:

gadeerwoman

Hope you took lots of pixs of the smiles on Sam's face. He's a great kid. And folks I can tell you from personal experience GB's son Sam has more hunting ethics than most adults I know. One hunt inside a fenced enclosure isn't going to have him running out looking for an easy hunt or a pile of corn. With young folks like Sam on the horizon, the future of hunting is looking like a winner.

Chuck Martin

Gb

I'm glad you and Sam had a good time, I hope ya'll have a truckload of memories from your hunt with Joe. Your right about his talent with kids........he's a good guy. Glad it was a sucess.

camotoy

hey ray tell him i am glad he had a good time, :D and it want be long before he gets 1 bigger than yours!!

georgiaboy

Sounds like a special hunt for everyone. Glad you guys got to go!

JoeKnowsBows

Had a great time !

Gabuckeye & Sam it was a pleasure to have the both of you up hunting & I hope we can hunt together again some day. It's always nice to meet good people who enjoy the hunting experience weather they kill something or not. Tell sam I said hey & I hope he gets a turkey this spring. I know he will have a great time trying. Gabuckeye you have a great outlook on life & it shows up in Sam. Your both great guys & know alot about the animals you hunt.