? for Knife Makers, Wood Workers or Craft Makers

K80Shooter

Hello all, I have a couple of items that I am looking for and thought that someone on here might could help.

1. I am looking for a piece of wood that's about 3-1/2" x 4" x 1/2" in a highly figured grain pattern. I'm thinking maybe ironwood, koa, black walnut, ebony or something similar. I am wanting to get a grip cap made out of it for a shotgun stock. I'm also open to other suggestions such as something in a darker brown with a lot of grain. I stated 1/2" but I might could get by with 3/8" also. I have some zebra wood on another stock which looks great but looking for something a little different this time.

2. I am also looking for some liner material to go between the cap and stock in about the same dimensions, I would like it to be a gold color or something real close.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to find this stuff or if you might have something that you think fits, please let me know.

As always pictures are appreciated and thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

Anvil Head

Check with Andy Roy - Pop's Knife Supply (google it).
Tell him what your intent is and he can pick you out something nice.
Alternatives - Rockler, Atlanta Hardwoods, etc.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Hello all, I have a couple of items that I am looking for and thought that someone on here might could help.

1. I am looking for a piece of wood that's about 3-1/2" x 4" x 1/2" in a highly figured grain pattern. I'm thinking maybe ironwood, koa, black walnut, ebony or something similar. I am wanting to get a grip cap made out of it for a shotgun stock. I'm also open to other suggestions such as something in a darker brown with a lot og grain. I stated 1/2" but I might could get by with 3/8" also. I have some zebra wood on another stock which looks great but looking for something a little different this time.

2. I am also looking for some liner material to go between the cap and stock in about the same dimensions, I would like it to be a gold color or something real close.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to find this stuff or if you might have something that you think fits, please let me know.

As always pictures are appreciated and thanks for any suggestions.
Curly purpleheart. 3/8
20230618_101929.jpg

godogs57

I’ve got a square piece of desert ironwood that might fit your situation. Hit me up if you’re interested

K80Shooter