For me, THE very best cup of the day

Jim Boyd

Nothing like a good, hot cup of java from the stand.

Best part of the year is upon us, folks - hope everyone has a safe and wonderful season.

Had a good hunt yesterday eve but got blanked this morning.

Nestled 22’ up in a third stand this evening.

Best of luck folks.

2E5D97E6-C8AD-4023-BB88-07DB33767CCB.jpeg

Nimrod71

Our hunting is just for fun. As a girl told me long ago if it feels good do it. But, that was then, this is now. Times have changed, but really men we only hunt for the fun and enjoyment of it. We want starve if we don't kill something. In my younger years I sent some time with people that have to hunt and fish and grub for food on a daily basis. Hunting was life for them, if they didn't kill something they didn't have meat to eat. They always look for me to come with a pack full of beans and franks and B-3 units. So, have your coffee, eat a honey bun, how about a ham and egg sandwich. Remember we do this for the enjoyment, so have fun and go pay with your toys.

Jim Boyd

Our hunting is just for fun. As a girl told me long ago if it feels good do it. But, that was then, this is now. Times have changed, but really men we only hunt for the fun and enjoyment of it. We want starve if we don't kill something. In my younger years I sent some time with people that have to hunt and fish and grub for food on a daily basis. Hunting was life for them, if they didn't kill something they didn't have meat to eat. They always look for me to come with a pack full of beans and franks and B-3 units. So, have your coffee, eat a honey bun, how about a ham and egg sandwich. Remember we do this for the enjoyment, so have fun and go pay with your toys.

Your words are wisdom filled, sir. Your story about the girl from long ago takes me back 50+ years and is a great reminder.

Jim Boyd

I dont drink coffee, but even I can smell it from a looooong ways off. Sure deer can too, and relate smell to humans.

As @ugajay noted, if they smell the coffee (and if they even know what it is) they are certainly gonna smell the human stink of you, anyway.

I have had to put the coffee down on a great many occasions to either prepare to shoot a deer or to actually shoot one of the jokers - gun and bow.

If you want to find something good, you can.

If you want to find something bad, you can do that also.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Drink it Jim. I like it too From what I read last year you ain’t gonna shoot one anyway unless it’s bigger than a Brahma bull with an elk sized rack.::ke:

Jim Boyd

Drink it Jim. I like it too From what I read last year you ain’t gonna shoot one anyway unless it’s bigger than a Brahma bull with an elk sized rack.::ke:

I shot a doe for my brother last month ?

Jim Boyd

I did pass a really nice one Thursday - on mine and Jo’s new farm - that I now regret.

I believe he would have been my #2 from this county in SC.

Maybe he will come back or better yet, maybe one of my buddies can pop him.

Bubba_1122

I carry a small thermos with me on every morning hunt. Same with morning fishing trips.

I like to get in the stand early. Typically gonna have a couple of cups of coffee and likely will take a nap (if in a “nap safe” stand) before grey of day comes.

A truly great way to start a day.

Last edited:

Full Draw McGraw

I think a mature deer will regard anything new in their environment with great suspicion, the smell of coffee included.
I still drink it every morning but don't take any to the woods. If you need it in the stand or if it enhances your experience that's no concern of mine.

RipperIII

I think a mature deer will regard anything new in their environment with great suspicion, the smell of coffee included.
I still drink it every morning but don't take any to the woods. If you need it in the stand or if it enhances your experience that's no concern of mine.

They are indeed curious by nature

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck, Jim, I like me a cup in the stand occasionally, too. :cheers: