Found this pic from a 3 day, dead deer everywhere, LFTT in Jan 2014

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Last edited:

Mark K

Banned
Well, one thing I learned is if I ever go hunt with you, I’m hunting from the back of your truck!
Great read. Look forward to following this year. Don’t think I’ve ever followed before. Actually done think I was even on here last deer season.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Great old thread JT!!! We are headed north Labor Day weekend to hang stands and cameras. Best of all, we get to see all our friends up there! I wont be worth killin after makin this trip till we head that way again in November

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well, one thing I learned is if I ever go hunt with you, I’m hunting from the back of your truck!
Great read. Look forward to following this year. Don’t think I’ve ever followed before. Actually done think I was even on here last deer season.

Welcome to follow along and contribute and post your hunts anytime. We have a blast with it for sure. This year will be 14 years strong of LFTT all season

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Great old thread JT!!! We are headed north Labor Day weekend to hang stands and cameras. Best of all, we get to see all our friends up there! I wont be worth killin after makin this trip till we head that way again in November

Hope the cool weather lasts for yall. We've had a 2 day break from the blazing gates of hades thats supposed to last at least another few days.

Jim Boyd

Headed up 19 Sept for 4 days.

Work 306 acre Schuyler farm. Trim, add ground blinds, may add a stand. Pull cams.

Help GON friend get settled on 40 acre farm I have - 10 miles from Pike County line.

Work new 177 acre McDonough farm, we added stands in summer, will trim and pull cams.

Work new 253 acre farm in western end of Schuyler. No stands or cams there yet, looks very promising.

Best of luck to all members but specifically to the road warriors.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Work 306 acre Schuyler farm. Trim, add ground blinds, may add a stand. Pull cams.

Help GON friend get settled on 40 acre farm I have - 10 miles from Pike County line.

Work new 177 acre McDonough farm, we added stands in summer, will trim and pull cams.

Work new 253 acre farm in western end of Schuyler. No stands or cams there yet, looks very promising.

You're gonna have a busy 4 days!

Bubba and I are in IA working hard on getting the cabin and farms ready to sleep and hunt. Almost that time

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
So what’s that bucks name? Cause I know he’s got one

jimbar

Jim, I hope those flying devil bugs leave you guys alone long enough to get your work done

livetohunt

If I didn't know better I would think Jim is in his twenties doing all that work. I think this may be your year for an Illinois giant...Good luck!!

Jim Boyd

You're gonna have a busy 4 days!

Bubba and I are in IA

Good luck Jim - get it done, brother!

I am under no illusions that I will get it all done... I always run out of “day” before I get the tasks done.

Running a bunch of cams, looking forward to seeing the velvet growth phase from the summer.

November will arrive, as it always does, before we know it.

18D5FFB5-C119-4D0A-BF39-1C22B719AE79.jpeg

Jim Boyd

If I didn't know better I would think Jim is in his twenties doing all that work

It is more maintenance in September than anything...

Keith will be with me (and was in the summer) and he is definitely the muscle!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The Midwest has ruined you Jim.:bounce: Always enjoy the LFTT threads but that one is a classic.:rockon:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Ha yeah that one was sumn else for sure.

I went on a hunt like that once on my brother's FIL's place on the Cooper river in South Carolina. He said "stack 'em like cordwood" so I did. I killed 3 does and a 4 pointer Friday night and followed up with a nice 8 pointer Saturday around noon. I didn't even scratch the surface of the local population.