How Big Will That Buck Be Next Year

uturn

David, I echo others sentiments on your work both afield and behind the camera!

Interestingly, I find myself focused on his body mass in the pictures and film as I do on stand! I'd have to look back at which piece of film it was but I believe it was some footage as a 5 year old in velvet he was moving from right to left as I remember..his gate if you will was that of a Derby Thoroughbred!!

Keepum comin there friend!

Congratulations again..And thanks as always for sharing it's obvious I'm not the only one that enjoys your efforts!!

GrantC77

Amzing deer and better story. I am curious though who id the taxidermy on that deer, because man thats some solid work?

davidhelmly

Thanks guys!!! :cheers::cheers:

David, I echo others sentiments on your work both afield and behind the camera!

Interestingly, I find myself focused on his body mass in the pictures and film as I do on stand! I'd have to look back at which piece of film it was but I believe it was some footage as a 5 year old in velvet he was moving from right to left as I remember..his gate if you will was that of a Derby Thoroughbred!!

Keepum comin there friend!

Congratulations again..And thanks as always for sharing it's obvious I'm not the only one that enjoys your efforts!!

Thanks Scott, yeah he walked around like he was the king!
It must have been this one...

Amzing deer and better story. I am curious though who id the taxidermy on that deer, because man thats some solid work?

Thanks Grant, Glenn Argroves of GTA Taxidermy in Gay did the work, he does great work and is just a heck of a nice guy too!

GTA Taxidermy
404-791-7318

Dansandman

Great post David. A 5 1/2 year old whitetail is truly a different animal. We try not to shoot anything younger than that on my club. We have 5000 acres in Twiggs Co. And it always been a running joke among my club members that the summer a buck turns five he goes to a meeting with all the other bucks explaining the things you don't do, such as walk into a beautiful green field in the middle of winter in the daylight. Congrats on a great buck and the time you took to pursue him.

GrantC77

I think they get a express pass around Georgia that keeps them out of bow range from all deer stands in the state

oppthepop

David - GREAT story and history on an awesome buck! I HOPE we can get past the 4.5 year old mark on our land! It is very rewarding to watch one grow from 1.5 year old all the way up to 3.5, 4.5 etc and KNOW that it's the same deer. COngrats!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
great series and great job putting it all together.

Except for you having the video and photo evidence to prove it, I would have argued for days that the 2014 buck was a 3 yr old and not 4.

Congrats again on a gorgeous buck David...yall keep on doing what you do cause we all know whats right around the corner... #comeonnovember