Franklin’s gun racks

Horns

Were no where near full last Friday. I was surprised. Don’t go there often but the used gun racks are always full

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I use to go to Franklins 8 or 10 times a year. I haven't been there in nearly 2 years now. It sure changed a lot since Clarence passed.

Big7

The Oracle
No doubt. It used to be a great store. I remember as a kid the anticipation of going there

Me too...
+ I remember when they worked out of a house.?

I think it was off Hawthorne Ave. Not sure tho.. I was living at home. Dad was driving.?

I haven't been in about a year. The used racks were full. As always.

Ima' have to go there and see. Is Barbara still alive? I haven't talked to or seen her in a while.

Horns

Me too...
+ I remember when they worked out of a house.?

I think it was off Hawthorne Ave. Not sure tho.. I was living at home. Dad was driving.?

I haven't been in about a year. The used racks were full. As always.

Ima' have to go there and see. Is Barbara still alive? I haven't talked to or seen her in a while.
Yes Mrs. Barbara is still alive. I haven’t seen her either but on WMOQ ads say she and Mark own it

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Yep. People have no clue what it takes to sell a gun to make $30
Yep. People have no clue what it takes to sell a gun to make $30

and with the prices of real estate now, you better be able to move a lot of those guns every month to stay profitable. The average joe has no idea what any small business owner is up against in the market today, whether they are selling guns or gumbo

Big7

The Oracle
I've only made a few Mil- surp ammo purchases... Ever. Never have bought anything else on line. Not to wild about paying my auto insurance there.??

I like to pay CASH and have a paper receipt.
Just old school. On that part Anyhooo.?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
When I go to a local shop I try and at least spend $10 on something even if I can beat the price online with free shipping

I buy very little online sporting goods wise. I like holding it, looking it over, and checking it out before I pay my hard earned $$$ for it.

Plus, there is something about being able to ask a question, and interact with the people I like.

Big7

The Oracle
Yes Mrs. Barbara is still alive. I haven’t seen her either but on WMOQ ads say she and Mark own it
If you get WMOQ, you must not be far from me. You want to go eat something or go fishing, ? shoot me a PM. We've both been on GON for a while and never met. And... Thanks for the info.?

treemanjohn

Banned
People still go to the retailers, spend the employees time wanting to touch/feel what they’re interested in, ask lots of questions, say “I’ll think about it”, then go home and order the same thing online to save a couple of bucks. Retailers need to look hard and long at what to inventory.
Huge problem........

frankwright

I order a good many guns online, mostly they are not available without driving hours.
And it is usually not "a couple of bucks". I can show you where I was looking at a two tone Kimber 1911 .45 on Sale locally that I saved $400 on including shipping and FFL fee.
I buy locally if I can and I will pay a little more to take it home with me but there are not many stores around me unless you want a Glock!

Gbr5pb

I went to the local store a couple years ago wanted a new camo jacket for bow hunting! Tried on a couple didn’t fit. Ask clerk if they had large tall. Answer no. Didn’t offer to order find something else nothing! Went home and ordered from midway! Had the same response when I ask about a left hand 30/06. Now the Bargain Barn closed. Wonder why

WaltL1

I was there last week.
Basically the exact same used guns with ridiculous prices that I looked at 10 years ago. I did buy some targets and cleaning supplies though.
I'll gladly spend a tad more to support local businesses but if their prices arent at least somewhat reasonable.... on line I go.

Their prices are high, but I think they expect you to negotiate. I've bought two guns there where I named a reasonable price and they agreed to it. I didn't try to low ball them, just gave a number I was willing to pay.