From A Rock To A Spear Point

Handgunner

Some awesome lookin' points and tools, Nick!

Thanks for taking the time to do a step-by-step on it!

discounthunter

nic ,you ever thought of doing a "how to" show.rfd tv is advertising that they are looking for new programs.this is right up their alley.id darn sure watch it.

bam_bam

where do you get your material from. i like the looks of that chert. i know about craig ratzat is there anywhere else you use?

Dudley Do-Wrong

Nick,

That is truely remarkable, you make it look easy. I'll be seeing you this weekend I hope.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Count on David! We`ll be there. Bam Bam, I pick up stone from all over south Georgia. I get a lot of exotic stone from Craig, and do a lot of tradin` with folks from everywhere for stone. You can`t ever have too much!

Handgunner

discounthunter said:
nic ,you ever thought of doing a "how to" show.rfd tv is advertising that they are looking for new programs.this is right up their alley.id darn sure watch it.
Me too. It would sure beat all the horse and cow auctions! :rofl:

BOHUNTER

I have a new respect for ABO knappers! Ive been beatin rocks for around 11 months now and just tried an antler at Paynes Praire 2 weeks ago! WOW its a tough style. I like my copper!

Woody Blackwell told me after I asked about fluting...."People start thinking of FLUTING, when its nothing more than just a thinning flake!" Make sure you build some convexity on the point and it will run down the ridge. and yep ya gonna break em and buy into BAND-AID if your scared of blood, cause it is a BLOOD SPORT!

Who did I see lived in Georgia?? Have you tried the Georgia Jasper...Colorful and nice! I want some if anyone knows what Im talkin about.

Great show! I like production!

Steve Holloway

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I`ve played with a little Ga. Jasper. It is nice stuff, but it is easier to find gold than jasper. I have a little point I made out of some around here somewhere. I`ll try to find it and post a pic.

bam_bam

where do you find ga jasper? is it up north ga. i am shure it is hard to find. i got some bloodstone jasper but it is that sawed stuff and i dont know how to go about working it and i dont want to mess it up its some nice looking stuff. i would like to get some mookite it purdy to me.

BOHUNTER

Yeah the Jasper I seen was an Isolated loggin road find ...Guy hada 5 gallon bucket full of rock...ROCK! THATS SWEET STUFF!!!

His had tons of Canary Yellow, colorful as all get out! Nice stuff. Small pieces 3" max...But nice and thats enuff to make anything.

That image is Oblique flaking, good grinding, convexity and even flaking makes it! Killer ANYWAY you look at it!

This is My one Year Knapper Month!!! Weeeee Yahooooo

Steve:yeah:

Al33

Nicodemus,

Today is my first view of this most wonderful and educational thread. What an outstanding job you did with the show and tell process of making points.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you sir for taking the time to share. Your points are fantastic!:cool:

EON

Neat stuff, I've thought about try to make points but no idea where to start. Looks realy nice though.

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
One of the best threads we've ever had on here.;)

Thanks for taking the time Nic. --beautiful work.

LJay

Retired Mod
Ya'll will be happy to know that the big spear point Nick made now belongs to "you know who"!!!!

::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
How did that come about?:whip: :D

LJay

Retired Mod
Woody said:
How did that come about?:whip: :D
Nick and I are best of friends Woody, I have an original Clovis, so he gave it to me to mount with mine.