From Darwin to Nietzsche to Hitler

stringmusic

BTW, I didn't read a single word of that last post, I just wanted a longer post than yours that said Hitler was in fact not a Christian.

Nanner nanner boo boo.

centerpin fan

So far you have come up with "No he wasn't".
Heres a hint - it would only take a few minutes for you to come up with actual facts to use instead of "no he wasn't".

Actually, it only took a few seconds. Matthew 7:

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven

WaltL1

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven
Um, do these apply to Christians?

660griz

Hitler was not a Christian:
Refutation of Atheist Slander

That actually made me LOL. Good stuff.
I am honestly glad you have a sense of humor about this stuff.

WaltL1

False premise

Hilter and God are not equal.

Pretend for a second that God is real, now give me the qualifications you have to judge anything He does.

BTW, Christians being in this forum discussing these theological issues should at tell you that we question(or have questioned) and critically examine things.
So? If your boss steals from the company its right but if you steal from the company its wrong?
Pretend for a second that God is real, now give me the qualifications you have to judge anything He does.
This question is a fantastic example of your indoctrination.
Pretend for a second that God is real
Ok maybe its wrong of me but that made me chuckle :D

660griz

I base he is a Christian on words from him, you base he is not a Christian based on words.

Actions between God and Hitler are very similar. Hmmmm

WaltL1

BTW, I didn't read a single word of that last post, I just wanted a longer post than yours that said Hitler was in fact not a Christian.

Nanner nanner boo boo.
:rofl:
By the way heres an example of critical thinking. From your post (that you didn't read lol)
if Hitler was a Christian than Christianity doesn't realty change one's life or help one to be good. Some even go so far as to imply that Christian teaching will make you into a nazi!
Critical thinking tells me that even though I don't believe in Christianity -
if Hitler was a Christian than Christianity doesn't realty change one's life or help one to be good.
I know that is horse dung because Christianity has changed many lives and has helped many people to be better than they were before.
Some even go so far as to imply that Christian teaching will make you into a nazi!
I know that is horse dung because I know many Christians who are not Nazi's
In other words just because they said it doesn't mean I believe it. Critical thinking tells me they are wrong.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Would it be safe to say Hitler was a misguided Christian? He thought he was doing right by God. He thought God was on his side.
Not to the same extreme but many Christians have been misguided over the years to the point of doing evil things like the Klan or atrocities in time of war. Some Christians back in the 50's & 60's thought God was on their side in the way they treated blacks and women. Some still feel this way.
Today we have misguided terrorist bombers killing for God including Christians bombing abortion clinics. These people aren't Atheist. Look back through history and see all of the atrocities done in the name of God.

TripleXBullies

It's not the same standard. God destroyed the wicked. Hitler murdered innocents. It's the difference between abortion and executing a murderer.

Those wicked babies he drowned with the flood... The wicked unborn fetus too... You're right... I would have done the same thing :shoot:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Nanner nanner boo boo.

You should read yours...it doesn't do as good of a job as you hoped it would.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
False premise

BTW, Christians being in this forum discussing these theological issues should at tell you that we question(or have questioned) and critically examine things.

Pretend.
Nail=Head

TripleXBullies

Would it be safe to say Hitler was a misguided Christian? He thought he was doing right by God. He thought God was on his side.
Not to the same extreme but many Christians have been misguided over the years to the point of doing evil things like the Klan or atrocities in time of war. Some Christians back in the 50's & 60's thought God was on their side in the way they treated blacks and women. Some still feel this way.
Today we have misguided terrorist bombers killing for God including Christians bombing abortion clinics. These people aren't Atheist. Look back through history and see all of the atrocities done in the name of God.

And if they believe in their own heart that they are following their god's will... their god being the same as many of yours... Who are YOU to say they are not Christians? Any of you. Not as GOOD of Christians as you are is also still a judgement.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Nanner nanner boo boo.

Check*

In a speech delivered April 12, 1922, published in "My New Order," and quoted in Freethought Today (April 1990), Hitler said:

My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison.

Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice . . .

And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery.

When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited.""

centerpin fan

Check*

In a speech delivered April 12, 1922, published in "My New Order," and quoted in Freethought Today (April 1990), Hitler said:

My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison.

Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice . . .

And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery.

When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited.""

He shonuff "talks the talk". If only that mattered....

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
He shonuff "talks the talk". If only that mattered....

Talking the talk seems to be the common thing among most religious.

What matters in here is the ability of you to actually produce something to back up your assertions.

All we have heard from you so far is "no he isn't"...

Give us some solid info on his religious practices.
Show us that he did not make peace with his Lord in that bunker.
Give us some factual information that backs up what you are telling us.
Now if all you are claiming is that he doesn't measure up to being a Christian according to your standards then just tell us. If you can show us the part that "mattered" that he did not do please do so.

mtnwoman

Those wicked babies he drowned with the flood... The wicked unborn fetus too... You're right... I would have done the same thing :shoot:

We kill innocent babies everyday in abortion clinics...we'ns allow that to happen. What's our excuse? even without a God, what is our excuse?

mtnwoman

Hitler is of course not the only one....satan/the antichrist is alive and well on planet earth, all nations. Hitler is just such a good example of someone who justifies his actions by the OT to brainwash people.

Latest posts