***General Discussion Weather Thread #9 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

PappyHoel

Whiskey and firewood at my crib.:bounce::cool:

I just ordered a batch of sweet tea from Walmart. I could be snowed in for a couple hours.

nickel back

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm going to be the pessimist this winter and hope mother nature hates me for it and proves me wrong.

lol...you always need the NW trend and I always hate the NW trend, it takes my county out of the good snow. Heck , I was in the thick of the snow till it started the NW trend.....:O

anyways its fun to follow along:cheers:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Alrighty. Too many variables to logically comprehend.

IF that cold air digs in like the GFS and EURO are showing and IF this is an elongated low out of the gulf stretching across Florida up off of the SC coast, this means our cold air will have a SSE flow and our moisture will be coming in from the NE not the South. This makes for cooler moisture putting the dewpoints much closer to the actual air temps instead of a hard convergence line like we would see where good warm gulf air would be slamming into the cold air.

The moist air would still be warmer than the cold air and if it gets pushed over the top then everybody has this forecast bad wrong and we could be in for a rare event fo sho.

Sometimes you just shove so much information in to your brain that you don't know what to think. The safe bet is a wintery mix, but if I'm reading this right somebody is in for a surprise.

For now I'll trust the models and the pros, but that mental image of what I've been studying is like a nagging ex-wife leaving a big what if void in the middle of all of it.

IF you live in the mid Atlantic to NE states this low will work up the coast and turn into a monster snow bomb for those states in 4 to 5 days.

PappyHoel

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Mine too since we are 2'miles apart.

It's a frigid 44° here.
chattering.gif

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Whiskey and firewood at my crib.:bounce::cool:

Bacon and bourbon here. :)

It will snow here, I have no doubt. It usually does from about late October to mid-April. Frequently.

PappyHoel

PappyHoel

Bacon and bourbon here. :)

It will snow here, I have no doubt. It usually does from about late October to mid-April. Frequently.

It's like you live in Maine :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Only he's missing the most annoying accent in America.
Not by any means. I work with a feller from Maine, his accent isn't half as annoying as those Massachusetts and New York people.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's like you live in Maine :)

The funny thing is, we often get considerably more snow and cold here in the southern Appalachians than they do way up north. Why, I don't know. I guess, Gulf moisture and fronts hitting a major land mass.

mammajamma

For all of you teachers....repeat after me....

Teacher's Prayer for Snow

Oh Lord, let it snow.
Let it drift and let it blow.
In the morning, no real fuss,
Just enough to stop the bus.
Enough to make the county say:
"There will be no school today."
Let the radio report: "Snow's deep!"
And I'll roll over for more sleep.
Then later on, say maybe ten,
I'll turn the radio on again.
Just in time to hear them say: