Georgia / Kentucky (2023)

Baroque Brass

This is the Dawgs team and level of play we were expecting from the first game. Where has this team been? I think Beck is improving as the season progresses and the team is starting to gel. Still wish we had Monken but oh well. Go Dawgs!

MudDucker

Staff member
Well, that was some more fine exposition of football last night. The offense clicked because the line blocked, Beck was on it and the receivers gave that second effort. Defense had some good moments and some not so good, but mostly good.

Now those refs ... lawd but they sux. They wore out dem yella hankies on every little thing. I noticed in the 4th qtr when they called a penalty, Kirby declined even though it would have helped us. Think that was a message!

Go DAWGS!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Awesome! Did you see any deer? Or was you sleeping? :bounce:
I was wide awake and didn’t see squat. Thanks for the link. It worked great in the tree on the north end of my property. Back at camp on the south side it dropped a couple of times but I still got the game. :rockon:

MudDucker

Staff member
i am still amazed at the roughing the passer penalty on Brinson, one of the worst calls I have seen in football, hopefully the official gets reprimanded on that one this week during his review.

Yep, that was an awful call. This ref crew must have been showing off for national tv. They didn't know that we didn't care that they were there!

brownceluse

That was probably one of the worst jobs I’ve ever seen from the refs. And they talked about each call forever. They were flag happy and didn’t seem to care which team they were calling them on. Someone asked Kirby about the call on the defense and he said it was complicated. I think that says it all.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It doesn’t matter. Dawgs were firing on all 8 cylinders last night. Outside of Beck’s Int and some missed tackles the Dawgs turned in a complete game. I think they have found themselves.

BamaGeorgialine

Well, that was some more fine exposition of football last night. The offense clicked because the line blocked, Beck was on it and the receivers gave that second effort. Defense had some good moments and some not so good, but mostly good.

Now those refs ... lawd but they sux. They wore out dem yella hankies on every little thing. I noticed in the 4th qtr when they called a penalty, Kirby declined even though it would have helped us. Think that was a message!

Go DAWGS!
I couldn't agree more about the refs and I try not to criticize too much because it's not an easy job. I at least try to see it both ways and not just for the team that I'm pulling for. Bama had a TD called back during that blocked kick that I still don't understand. They called a block in the back. I wouldn't have undesirable the call if it would have been called again A&M. I read an article the other day and Kirby said that there are refs referring games that never played, and more coaches coaching now that never played, and it's brought the level of football down a bit. I think that's some of what we're seeing

BamaGeorgialine

I couldn't agree more about the refs and I try not to criticize too much because it's not an easy job. I at least try to see it both ways and not just for the team that I'm pulling for. Bama had a TD called back during that blocked kick that I still don't understand. They called a block in the back. I wouldn't have undesirable the call if it would have been called again A&M. I read an article the other day and Kirby said that there are refs referring games that never played, and more coaches coaching now that never played, and it's brought the level of football down a bit. I think that's some of what we're seeing
Wouldn't have understood. Didn't mean undesirable. Oops

Baroque Brass

Go DAWGS!
They were definitely penalty happy last night and had to have a lengthy discussion about the ones they didn’t review. That roughing the passer flag? That guy needs to go back to referee school. The QB wasnt even knocked down.