Georgia quota hunt odds.... ?

Well, I got pretty well hosed here in Florida this year. I've got some private land I can (and will) hunt, and then I drew a rifle and ML hunt that were both pretty far down my preference list. Anyway, I put in for 1st and 2nd hunt at Chickasawhatchee and rifle quota for River Creek. Guess my question is twofold...

1. What do you think odds are of being drawn as NR with zero preference points?

2. Either place worth a darn?

Thanks in advance,

PH80

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Not exactly sure but I do know I got rejected last season for Chickasaw 2nd hunt with 1 preference point . Good luck to you

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
10-4. Sounds like I better not hold my breath. Have family in Thomasville so River Creek would be really convenient.
Good luck , I’m not sure but I think it’s harder to draw . Plenty of open hunts on Wmas though, some good ones to

ucfireman

I don't know about the odds but can say this.
If you apply for an Alligator hunt and do not wager any points, you will NOT get chosen.
My application was "unsuccessful"
Fine with me, I was really only in it for the points but I always apply for a hunt just incase something odd happens and everyone else forgets to apply and I get chosen.

last years percentages will give you a fairly close idea of getting picked.
10-4. Didn’t know that data was out there. I’ll try to run it down later.

I don't know about the odds but can say this.
If you apply for an Alligator hunt and do not wager any points, you will NOT get chosen.
My application was "unsuccessful"
Fine with me, I was really only in it for the points but I always apply for a hunt just incase something odd happens and everyone else forgets to apply and I get chosen.
I got hosed on alligators in Florida as well. Crazy. For 15 years I’ve always gotten pretty much whatever I wanted. So odd to see it change so dramatically in one year. We went to 24 hrs hunting this year and I think that enticed a lot of folks to put in who ordinarily would not have. I’m not happy about it. Went ahead and put in for some GA alligator as well. Didn’t expect you get anything there, but wasn’t sure likelihood on deer.

Blackston

Not exactly sure but I do know I got rejected last season for Chickasaw 2nd hunt with 1 preference point . Good luck to you
Oof …. I thought I was a shoe in this year I hope I’m picked

ssramage

Can we please not go down this road? Thanks.
:ROFLMAO:

Sure...

Not to be a jerk, but you've been a member here since 2011 according to your profile and have posted a total of 22 times. In your original post, you mentioned having been drawn for 2 other FL quota hunts and having private land to hunt in FL. You're not going to get much help just coming in and asking for people to give you advice on public land, ESPECIALLY as a non-resident.

The quota hunt draw odds and success rates are posted online and readily available. I'd start there.

:ROFLMAO:

Sure...

Not to be a jerk, but you've been a member here since 2011 according to your profile and have posted a total of 22 times. In your original post, you mentioned having been drawn for 2 other FL quota hunts and having private land to hunt in FL. You're not going to get much help just coming in and asking for people to give you advice on public land, ESPECIALLY as a non-resident.

The quota hunt draw odds and success rates are posted online and readily available. I'd start there.

All valid points, with the exception of the "ESPECIALLY as a nonresidnet," statement. If I have to tolerate every GA bubba coming down here and crowding the gulf any my streets, you can **** sure tolerate me asking a simple question about liklihood of draw success. It's not like I asked for intel on how / where to hunt, etc. Didn't know that darw odds were online. I'll try to run that down. Thanks.

Found this... pretty helpful. Although I'm not sure I understand the 6 columns to the far right.

ssramage

All valid points, with the exception of the "ESPECIALLY as a nonresidnet," statement. If I have to tolerate every GA bubba coming down here and crowding the gulf any my streets, you can **** sure tolerate me asking a simple question about liklihood of draw success. It's not like I asked for intel on how / where to hunt, etc. Didn't know that darw odds were online. I'll try to run that down. Thanks.

Found this... pretty helpful. Although I'm not sure I understand the 6 columns to the far right.

And how would you react if one of those GA Bubbas asked for your GPS coordinates in the gulf?

The columns to the far right are the number of priority points used.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I don’t have a clue what your chances are, but good luck. Should be some kind of open hunts like @antharper mentioned. I usually put in for points or try for a Turkey some where. I got chosen for BFG a few years ago and didn’t go….still leaves a bad taste in my mouth When I think about it.

Philbow

Based on last year's selections with 0 priority points:
Chick 1 = 80% chance
Chick 2 = 17%
River Creek = 0%

Based on last year's selections with 0 priority points:
Chick 1 = 80% chance
Chick 2 = 17%
River Creek = 0%
I appreciate. I found that link in with help from another member figured out what I was looking at. My sister lives about 10 minutes from River Creek. That would make for a fun trip.