God’s Got This

Baroque Brass

Regarding the Corona scare, the religious folks are quoting scripture and saying things like, “Don’t worry, God’s got this, God is in control”, and my favorite so far, “God is watching our reaction to this.” What does that last one even mean? If god is truly in control, does he want “his children” to become sick and die? Why doesn’t he just wipe out the virus?

WaltL1

Why doesn’t he just wipe out the virus?
I call it selective reasoning.
God has the power to fix it so obviously when it passes he "got this/is in control/was responsible for its passing/saved us all.
So why did he let it happen to begin with?
Apparently to teach us a lesson or he has stock in toilet paper or whatever excuse can be thought of.
does he want “his children” to become sick and die?
If he exists, Im not even going to attempt to claim to know his thoughts/reasoning but I guess a virus is better than drowning the world.
By the way, I dont believe God is responsible for starting or stopping anything.
Its man's ability to selectively reason based on what they/we want to believe.

hopper

God for many is more of an internal or personal beacon, guide or source of power. It's not really what God is doing to everyone but how with his power you are reacting to everyone or everything that brings certain results.
Now there is certainly nothing wrong with the statements from the original post because that's their belief and it ain't my job to dictate their belief. If I dont believe in God or other people's belief I just move on, I dont need to waist time trying to disprove other people when it comes to those matters.

Last edited:

Baroque Brass

This morning, my neighbor that would normally be at church, said this is all in God’s plan. Trying to understand that one, too.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
God for many is more of an internal or personal beacon, guide or source of power. It's not really what God is doing to everyone but how with his power you are reacting to everyone or everything that brings certain results.
Now there is certainly nothing wrong with the statements from the original post because that's their belief and it ain't my job to dictate their belief. If you dont believe in God or other people's belief just move on, you dont need to waist time trying to disprove other people when it comes to those matters.
Well, this IS the AAA forum. We stay away from the Pro religion forums with these thoughts outloud down here.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Regarding the Corona scare, the religious folks are quoting scripture and saying things like, “Don’t worry, God’s got this, God is in control”, and my favorite so far, “God is watching our reaction to this.” What does that last one even mean? If god is truly in control, does he want “his children” to become sick and die? Why doesn’t he just wipe out the virus?
Regarding the Corona scare, SOME religious folks are quoting scripture and saying things like, “Don’t worry, God’s got this, God is in control”, and my favorite so far, “God is watching our reaction to this.” What does that last one even mean? If god is truly in control, does he want “his children” to become sick and die? Why doesn’t he just wipe out the virus?
FIFY......our services are proceeding as usual and the Coronavirus is not even a topic of concern......

WaltL1

FIFY......our services are proceeding as usual and the Coronavirus is not even a topic of concern......
Thats really brave.
Or really smart.
Or really stupid.
Time will tell.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Thats really brave.
Or really smart.
Or really stupid.
Time will tell.
Individual should determine if they should attend - just as in school / work.
If the church shuts the doors over the Coronavirus, flu, a shooting, etc, what are they going to do in a time of real persecution?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I'm a little slow not sure I get what your laying down.

. If you dont believe in God or other people's belief just move on, you dont need to waist time trying to disprove other people when it comes to those matters.

This is the area where non believers talk about such things.

WaltL1

Individual should determine if they should attend - just as in school / work.
If the church shuts the doors over the Coronavirus, flu, a shooting, etc, what are they going to do in a time of real persecution?
Yep its a tough call.
I can come up with reasons a church should cancel services and I can come up with reasons a church should do everything they possibly can to continue to hold services in times like these.

WaltL1

Gottcha! This is were we non believers point out how ridiculous all those silly believers are.
Not accurate ^
This is where believers and non-believers willingly and voluntarily debate/discuss their belief or non-belief.
Bullet's point is that we A/As don't go on the other religious subforums to debate/discuss/argue folks beliefs. Remember the third A in A/A/A is Apologetics.
Apologetics is the religious discipline of defending religious doctrines through systematic argumentation and discourse.
We stick to this one. This is the subforum created for that purpose.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Gottcha! This is were we non believers point out how ridiculous all those silly believers are.
We invite discussion and give a chance for believers and non to participate and clear the air if possible.
Truth, and especially Ultimate Truth should not be able to be questioned and could not be difficult to defend if in fact True...
Don't you agree?

If believers come across as silly in the process...well.....

Last edited:

hopper

We invite discussion and give a chance for believers and non to participate and clear the air if possible.
Truth, and especially Ultimate Truth should not be able to be questioned and could not be difficult to defend if in fact True...
Don't you agree?
Thanks. I think Its clear. I re read my first post and see how it came across. I edited it to just include "I" not "you" it was only my opinion. The other post was a cross between me mis understanding and just kidding around. Didnt mean to offend anyone.

WaltL1

Don't you agree?

If believers come across as silly in the process...well.....
You just couldn't resist throwing that jab could ya? :rofl: