God’s Got This

Israel

BANNED
So your guy sends a 1/3 version of himself disguised as his son and "sacrifices" 1/3 of himself for a few days before reanimating 1/3 of himself and ascending skyward to sit next to 1/3 of himself for eternity...

I will do a similar sacrifice with this virus situation. I will take 1/3 of my supplies and not use them for 3 days and then put them back into rotation.

Have I ever told you of thirds? Why are you eager to put words in my mouth?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Have I ever told you of thirds? Why are you eager to put words in my mouth?
Ok, tell me then,
Is there a Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

WaltL1

Can’t say that I fear dying, maybe if death was imminent I might be scared. My wife fears for what will happen to my soul when I’m dead. I think I’ll be buried and that’ll be the end of it.
Most (almost all, maybe even all) of the A/As here are in the same boat with you.
Most all of us have spouses, parents, families, friends etc who are Christians/believers.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Izzy? Are you still here?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I'm not going to question/challenge your personal experience so lets put that aside for now.
These 2 statements....

….. support the 3rd option. It doesn't prove the 3rd option, it just leans toward the 3rd option.

I’m not trying to “prove” anything. Those days are long gone. Just relaying my experience that He is every bit as real, and knowable, as you and me.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Israel could give you the same answer - "Yes". And still have his bases covered ;)
I'm looking for clarification.
I suspect my initial 1/3 post is accurate and all this is just more wasted bandwith that leads back to that post.

I am trying to get Israel to clarify if the Father, Son and HS are all one and the same or if they are three separate entities.

SemperFiDawg

Your question and the answer to your question has zero to do with the point that an omni-everything god either cant or wont teach without using pain and suffering in its lesson plan.
Omni-everything means he could make us completely understand with a thought or a waggle of his finger or wiggle of his nose or.......

My question had nothing to do with God. We can leave God out of it completely. I’ll cut to my point since you are intent on dragging God unto every post.

Physical pain has a purpose. It’s a defense mechanism. Emotional pain is likewise. Make of it what you will.

SemperFiDawg

You are
Apparently this omni-everything god can't get its point across without using pain and suffering in its lesson plan.

You have never been more correct in your life, ....ever, and yet you haven’t the faintest idea as to why that is the case.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So when Jesus was on the cross and looked up while asking his Father why he had forsakened him,...
Was he talking to himself?
Or a separate part of himself?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
we are going somewhere

Attachments

• E9527F1A-2EF2-425A-9CB0-78612C839D5E.jpeg
    E9527F1A-2EF2-425A-9CB0-78612C839D5E.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0

WaltL1

My question had nothing to do with God. We can leave God out of it completely. I’ll cut to my point since you are intent on dragging God unto every post.

Physical pain has a purpose. It’s a defense mechanism. Emotional pain is likewise. Make of it what you will.
Of course pain can be positive as a warning sign of worse issues or don't use a hot stove as a pillow etc.
Since the answer to that question was so obvious I assumed you were going to use it to make a point.
So go ahead make the point.
We agree that pain can be positive.
Now what?

WaltL1

You are

You have never been more correct in your life, ....ever, and yet you haven’t the faintest idea as to why that is the case.
Go ahead SFD tell me why I dont have the faintest idea why Im correct.
But before you do, remember that the Christian claim is that God is omni-everything.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
we are going somewhere
I am trying to clarify if my 1/3 post was accurate.
So far it seems the despite Israel's comment about me using a 1/3 breakdown to describe his beliefs, he certainly believes 3 parts equals 1 and has backed up my initial post contradicting himself for the 3rd time just in this thread thread.

WaltL1

I'm looking for clarification.
I suspect my initial 1/3 post is accurate and all this is just more wasted bandwith that leads back to that post.

I am trying to get Israel to clarify if the Father, Son and HS are all one and the same or if they are three separate entities
I still think he could have answered "yes" and his bases would be covered according to Christian belief.
Or "both" could have worked too.
Although I guess differing denomination beliefs could throw a monkey wrench in that.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I am trying to clarify if my 1/3 post was accurate.
So far it seems the despite Israel's comment about me using a 1/3 breakdown to describe his beliefs, he certainly believes 3 parts equals 1 and has backed up my initial post contradicting himself for the 3rd time just in this thread thread.
I’m just being sarcastic. Honestly, I almost replied to your question and that’s why I said “we” are going somewhere lol. It’s ok, it’s just what we do here.