Got me a new project boat.(Updated 3-25-14). Getting close

rnelson5

Thanks for the advice guys. I got most of the carpet ripped out....... That was a job in itslef!!!! A little more and then i will move onto pressure washing and putting seats in.

Core Lokt

Nice find! I agree with putting a piece os 1/4" alum and mounting a ped with swivel seat for the back and the front (about 3' back from the deck).

What motor are you going to put on it?

kernel

If you need any help with the boat let me know. I can't believe you found an all welded mod-v for free. So lucky.

I'm going to paint my boat pretty soon and I'm going to order some stencils so you're welcome to use them after I'm done as well.

rnelson5

Thanks kernel but it is not a weled boat. It is rivited but i left it in the water all weekend and when i pulled it out tonight it was dry so it is still in good shape.

kernel

Thanks kernel but it is not a weled boat. It is rivited but i left it in the water all weekend and when i pulled it out tonight it was dry so it is still in good shape.

I used to have a CC SeaArk that looked nearly identical, assumed that's what it was. Either way, still lucky. :banana:

Attachments

• seaark.jpg
    seaark.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,251

rnelson5

URL=http://s248.photobucket.com/user/rnelson5/media/20140219_182203.jpg.html]
20140219_182203.jpg
[/URL]

I have been working on the boat in between catching fish out of it. I removed all of the carpet and glue, installed a reccessed seat mount on the deck, installed a removable seat in the floor of the back, and finally sanded and primed the boat this weekend. I have my parkers duck boat paint and stencils on order now and bar any rain it should be finished within a week.:cheers:

ghadarits

Great progress

Looks great hard to believe its the same boat you started with.

rnelson5

Drdarby i am not sure yet what i am gonna put on it. Probablly just a tiller steer of some sort. I want a surface drive boat but i know this is not the boat for that. This is smaller than my G3 though so it will be good in spots where the bigger boat won't work. I am hoping to add a surface drive to my arsenal soon though. As for the log i put it there to lift up the boat off of the trailer so i could get the sprayer down in between the fender and the boat.

dillakilla12

Sorry just saw the motor post. A longtail mm might do ok, won't be a speed demon but u can pick em up cheap and it would get u where u need to be!

rnelson5

Sorry just saw the motor post. A longtail mm might do ok, won't be a speed demon but u can pick em up cheap and it would get u where u need to be!

It is a riveted boat though. I have always heard that those two don't mix. I wasn't really looking for a boat like this but i won't find another free boat either. I may look into it but i am leary with the rivets.

rnelson5

What kind of paint are you using and where did you get the stencils

The white primer that you see is rustoleum. The paint is parkers duck boat paint in sand tan that i ordered from cabelas. The stencils are also cabelas brand. I know that the styx river stencils are better but i just couldn't see paying what they want for them for what i am going to do. So far between all the sandpaper and wire wheels (to get the glue from the carpet up), primer, paint, paint thinner (i am using a HVLP sprayer), and 2 sets of stencils i have about $140 in it right now with a lot of paint left over and that is with putting two coats on the entire boat. That is with me buying a gallon of paint and this is a 16ft. boat. Now in saying that i have not yet bought the camo spray paint for the stencils. It is roughly $5 a can and i see atleast 10 cans being used and maybe more. I figure by the time i finish i will have $200 in it.