Got me a new project boat.(Updated 3-25-14). Getting close

duck-dawg

If that boat isn't what you need or want, consider it a solid investment and flip it...put that money towards a boat that suits your needs. Just be careful not to step on anyone's toes with it being a gift...

rnelson5

If that boat isn't what you need or want, consider it a solid investment and flip it...put that money towards a boat that suits your needs. Just be careful not to step on anyone's toes with it being a gift...

Never will sell this boat. I am not going to sell a boat that was gifted to me. I have already caught a pile of fish out of it and i will use it for hunting when needed. It isn't eating any groceries so it is here to stay. Right now i have about $300 dollars invested in it and by the time i am done with it and the trailer i will only have about $500 in it (minus a motor of course) so i can't beat that. I will just add it to my arsenal...... My theory is you can't ever have too many boats!!!

T-N-T

Looking very good! I still cant believe what a great freebie you got. Now just be on the lookout for a free motor and you will be golden!

wranglerjoe1968

The white primer that you see is rustoleum. The paint is parkers duck boat paint in sand tan that i ordered from cabelas. The stencils are also cabelas brand. I know that the styx river stencils are better but i just couldn't see paying what they want for them for what i am going to do. So far between all the sandpaper and wire wheels (to get the glue from the carpet up), primer, paint, paint thinner (i am using a HVLP sprayer), and 2 sets of stencils i have about $140 in it right now with a lot of paint left over and that is with putting two coats on the entire boat. That is with me buying a gallon of paint and this is a 16ft. boat. Now in saying that i have not yet bought the camo spray paint for the stencils. It is roughly $5 a can and i see atleast 10 cans being used and maybe more. I figure by the time i finish i will have $200 in it.
Thanks for the info I am starting my paint job as well. Yours is looking good.

rnelson5

No problem. Good luck.

rnelson5

^^^^^^^^Here you go killer. I have been using it every weekend since i got it in between working on it. Heck, i just got back from fishing out of it about 30 minutes ago. Here is the biggest i caught. We will swap that fish for a limit of ducks in about 8 months:biggrin3: