gps?

Cletisbocephus

hey guys i am looking for a gps unit for under $150 but i would prefer it to have the electronic compass. does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should get? thanks

DCHunter

I got the garmin etrex and I like it. I'm pretty sure they can be had for less than 150. I'm not sure what you mean about the electronic compass, but mine has a "compass" on it that records which direction you're moving, but if you stand still it don't have any way of knowing which direction you are facing. But the read out looks like a normal compass.

Nat-Light

I got 3 of the Garmin's (2 etrex and an etrex legend) and a magellan . They are pretty good...if you look around you can get one for about a $100. My only suggestion is that you aquire a good signal before entering the woods and leave your unit on. I sometimes have trouble when I try to fire it up in the woods and get a signal(for obvious reasons).

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
The electronic-compass does not need the "user" to be moveing for it to work. And i think they work even without a 'satelite" signal. The newer "high end" price units have this feature. Cabalas has one on sale with this for about 149.00 i think..

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
i was wrong on the price,, but here it is..

Magellan eXplorist™ 300 Handheld GPS Item:XG-226793

Reg: $199.99
Sale: $159.99

NOYDB

BANNED
In the Garmin line any model number with an "s" (for sensor) has the electronic compass feature.

Last I looked the Magellan 300 and 600 did.

In the Lowrance iFinders the Explorer, Hunt and Expedition did.

Pricing varies but your best deal is to haunt ebay.

Mac

good info, I have been looking also

Latest posts