Grady/Thomas/Mitchell Counties

hortonhunter22

oh im ready for sure...ima spend most of bow season in baker county tho...save the leases til rifle season since there a lil on the small side

hortonhunter22

67 degrees this morning at the airport...i could deal with that:clap:

hope thatd hold up...it was 101 yesterday...and its already pushing 90 today

hortonhunter22

yea man ill be up and around...im sure we will crossed paths...ive been hunting these areas for the past 10 years or so...we have probably met in passin before...but get up with me if ya ever need a partner...oh and tired creek sure would be nice with these gas prices

southGAlefty

57* this morning at my house. Man it'd be nice if these temps would stick around but I imagine it's just a teaser. Good luck this weekend fellas and BE SAFE

hortonhunter22

it definately been awful nice the last couple days...making it that much harder on me working today and tomorrow...but got saturday sunday and monday off... :cool::cool:...hope everyone gets them some meat in the freezer or a head on the wall...get the Trail-a-Dog number programmed just in case..dont let the biggun get away...hope to see some pics on here soon:cheers:

southGAlefty

Anybody got any reports? Been kinda slow so far for me. I've hunted 6 times so far and have seen 4 deer, all in one sit Tuesday afternoon. I think once the heat wears off things will start picking up. I checked my cam tonight on the way to the stand and had all but one buck slicked out. Hope the 8 still in velvet strolls by me in the morning!

GAMHUNTER35

well got pics of a few does on my land waiting on some rain so i can plant.check out some wmas an found a good spot going to try it maybe thurs morning if all goes well with work

hortonhunter22

finally seen a couple does and a fawn over the weekend from the stand....whew hoo...took long enough..i was startin to wonder..ill take care of them later lol...this weekends forecast is looking pretty awesome for some hunting...ill be headed somewhere come sunday

Thurston

Went this past weekend on Saturday morning. Had 4 does move through early but that was it. Blanked the rest of the weekend. Pretty slow. Little to no rubs or scrapes noticed too. I thought that was a little off as normally I see them fairly early on that property. But it was looking busy, lots of trails etc. Just didn't see a ton of sign or movement.

southGAlefty

Bucks are still showing up in groups on my camera on the Thomas/Grady line. Got one 8 point that finally shed velvet around the 26th-27th of September. I am getting some sparring sequences on cam at the cornpiles between the bigger bucks and the smaller bucks. Some of them look to be getting a little serious, but not knock-down drag-out yet. I'm still having a slow early season but hoping to get it turned around with the nicer weather.

joedublin

Checked the game camera and had three heavyweight 8-pts., one 4-pt, one 6-pt and a BIG 9-pt.plus lots of does....all the bucks had shed their velvet.

rvick

hey lefty,
we tracked & found a nice 11 pt. last week. the hunter said he was fighting with another buck just before he shot him. mid-thomas co.