Gun Owners of America

Hillbilly stalker

Anyone here members ? Anyone have the inside scoop on them ? They say they are the only "No compromise" to the 2nd A group out there. After seeing Wayne LA Pierre's mansions and $250,000 clothing allowance, I'm shopping around. Does the GOA have a very loud political voice ? Thanks

Dub

No one group is likely to be ideal and totally efficient with their funds going towards high leverage support for gun owners.........but, it's a start and a step in the right direction.

I don't dig too deep in the media hype, but subscribe to the rough overview for the NRA and other groups. Membership makes me feel better.....that's something at least.

scottfrmga

GOA is a good group from what I have heard, but they lack the size and clout of the NRA. Maybe they will get there one day.
I think the 2nd Amendment foundation is a better choice they are challenging in court a lot of the laws that have been passed on the state level and have had several wins In their belt. But the sad truth is NRA is still the big dog in the room, and we desperately need them to get their act together. Can’t say I believe all the rumors about what’s been going on with them and couldn’t care less about lapiere’s clothing budget but, there is truth in some of it and that need to be resolved quick fast and in a hurry. We’re all on the same side, and if we don’t stop bickering among ourselves the whole country is going to go the way of California.
I think the best thing any of us can do right now is to find out who represents you in congress and call and email them to let them know where you stand on 2A rights. We elected them and they need to know why we elected them. To protect our rights from a run away government.
Ok I’ll get off my soap box now

Hillbilly stalker

I can afford to support both yearly just to be on the safe side. I take everything I see and read with a grain of salt anymore. So sad it’s hard to find the truth anymore.

delacroix

BANNED
GOA has been very effective with media interviews, lobbying and grassroots campaigns. They have been able to counteract pro gun control moves by NRA.

ryanh487

GOA is responsible for a lot of pro-gun legislation at state level around the country, and they constantly push for TRUE no-compromise gun rights, like the repeal of the Hughes amendment and NFA, unlike the NRA that has stated such goals are not in their interest.