Hard labor

Coenen

Eat your Wheaties, it's a BIG lake, so you'll be making some long runs.

Lots of flooded brush and sunken structure. The forage base looks to be mostly threads and bream. When we were there, it was very clear, so be ready for that.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Looking for some input on fishing hard labor Resivor. Going to try to go Saturday afternoon with my kayak. Thank you advance for the input

Ya might get wet.... This years 1st gulf coastal looks to be taking a lot of rain up that way.

killabig1

Did you go, how'd you do?
It's a tough lake to fish, lots of great looking cover that you'd expect strikes but don't. I've had very limited success there but have heard of others that have.
I've had some luck on topwater early in morning. Dropping a jig/worm/crankbait down the steep banks may work.
Perhaps someone else can tell you how they catch them there.

basshappy

BANNED
Looking for some input on fishing hard labor Resivor. Going to try to go Saturday afternoon with my kayak. Thank you advance for the input
Fish the areas you normally would. Back in early May fish were holding to cover and structure for the most part. See the sonar image. The park has a map you can download that has the fist attractors they put in the lake. Fish those from a distance with long casts. Otherwise target along shores, points, drop offs, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210621-140211_Fish Deeper.jpg
    Screenshot_20210621-140211_Fish Deeper.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210621_140730_copy_865x684.jpg
    20210621_140730_copy_865x684.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 69
Did you go, how'd you do?
It's a tough lake to fish, lots of great looking cover that you'd expect strikes but don't. I've had very limited success there but have heard of others that have.
I've had some luck on topwater early in morning. Dropping a jig/worm/crankbait down the steep banks may work.
Perhaps someone else can tell you how they catch them there.
We went…. Not much luck. We were cut short by the storm moving in and the wind pushing around on the yaks… only my 2nd time there. First time we caught 3 with several misses. This time, zero catches with 1 miss.

Fish the areas you normally would. Back in early May fish were holding to cover and structure for the most part. See the sonar image. The park has a map you can download that has the fist attractors they put in the lake. Fish those from a distance with long casts. Otherwise target along shores, points, drop offs, etc.
Where can I download the map?

What sonar are you using? The images are very clear!

basshappy

BANNED
Where can I download the map?
I think if you search Hard Labor Creek Fishing map, go to the Hard Labor Creek Park page, or search Lake Rutledge fishing map one of those will get you the PDF to download. I don't have the exact URL but I recall seeing their map when reading about the fishing at the park.

Latest posts