Honda:1 Deer:0

jeepguru

So I went to my hunting club this weekend near Sparta and had hunted Fri night, Sat morning and Sat eve. and had only seen two red foxes all weekend. I came down out of the stand Sat Eve without seeing a deer all weekend. Well on the way out at dark I got back on the main camp road from where I was hunting on my Honda Fourtrax and cruised on up to speed. I was going along in 5th gear about half throttle, I guess 20mph, when a rabbit ran across the road in front of me. Well I had no longer passed the rabbit when I looked up and 3 feet in front of my fourwheeler was a doe coming out of the woods with her head down running across. I didn't even have a chance to touch the brakes before she hit the front rack and winch and my fourwheeler. When she hit it broke her neck and she did a 360 behind me while I was slamming on the brakes and trying to turn around. When I pulled back up it was obvious that she had a broken neck but was still alive and kicking around. I pulled my .270 off the gun rack, chambered a round and finished her off humanely. About a minute later I loaded her up, filled out a tag, and drove back to camp with meat and a great story. It didn't damage the fourwheeler at all and it was about a 100lb L.W. 1.5 yr old doe. I was real lucky that her head was down and she was not jumping when I hit her because it would have took me right off the back. Oh well guess if I can't get one in the woods I'll get one with my Honda. ::huh:

Last edited:

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Now that'll cause some stains in the o :speechles le BVDs...