Houston, we have a problem!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Looks like our farm. Can't feed deer for the turkeys. turkeys, turkeys every where and not a buck in sight.

Don’t worry. In about 6 weeks the turkeys will disappear and you’ll be covered up with bucks.

across the river

Yes to be legal it has to be removed before turkey season.

To be legal it has to be removed 10 days prior to hunting, so you could not bait them for a month, then remove the corn the day or two before and hunt the same spot, at least not legally.

across the river

Over the years I have come to realize that there are individuals who really on this forum rather that the web or the printed book for information regarding rules and regulations. I didn’t post it for
your benefit, I was posting it for their’s.

Wifeshusband

They cut early turkey season at my spot.. it was a really tough season. How much of that was timber or the roll of the dice I dont know. What I do know is I saw turkeys most every day during deer season like clock work, cut started turkey season, did not hear my first gobble or see my first bird til May after they moved out. Tracks, feathers, poop, not a single gobble or cluck.. it all vanished for that month
They won't like it. Been there. Done that.

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
The deer are in the pines and on the hills getting their fun in on the sun. Same problem as you guys but this is just pre rut for the Turks... Cant wait and love seeing those fat birds! Looking forward to thunder chicken season.