How bout them dogs or should I say what happened to them dogs :-)

W4DSB

Kinda hard to say we were 'dominated'....
Georgia was behind from the kick off to the last 59 seconds
right?

S

Sugar Hill Scouter

The dawgs and the Irish have one thing in common...They're both lucky !!!

J

JR

Georgia was behind from the kick off to the last 59 seconds
right?

Where, in the definition of domination, does it state being behind as the meaning?

Oh and nice win over Marshall.....:rofl:

W4DSB

Straight from the dictionary:

dom·i·na·tion (dÅ�m'É™-nÄ�'shÉ™n) pronunciation
n.

1. Control or power over another or others.
2. The exercise of such control or power.

fergicop

To say the Dawgs were dominated, thats not so. If they were dominated the game would have been out of reach. We got out played for three and a half quarters and was able to do what it took to win. As a Div. 1 football program the Buffs. should be the one hanging thier heads today. Just proves the Dawgs are better that any of the mountain boy teams and we should be able to prove it in Knoxville in a couple of weeks.

Lostoutlaw

Oh well we wonjust to say coach called em over to side line and promise'em a good ole fashion tail whippen so what do ya do? win is a win
GO DAWGS!!!

W4DSB

To say the Dawgs were dominated, thats not so. If they were dominated the game would have been out of reach. We got out played for three and a half quarters and was able to do what it took to win

Look at the stats from yesterdays game...........

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Look at the stats from yesterdays game...........

Ya' know, I heard that same noise back in '81 from a bunch of Irish Catholic boys... "ND had a bazillion yards rushing, ND did this, ND did that, UGA didn't do squat, Herschell ain't no good.".

I listened to them for about 15 minutes and then pointed out the one stat they had overlooked - UGA 20- ND17. That's the only stat that matters, the rest of it is for losers to talk about.

Georgia better get their groove on fast. They have been unconvincing so far based on the talent on the team. CMR is going to be the Mac Daddy and maybe take things farther than Dooley did, but right now, he still has some maturing to do as a head coach. The Dawgs were not ready to play a sleeper team yesterday, and that is 100% coaching. After a win like that one yesterday, Coach Dooley would have had everybody in pads doing full contact drills today. Rarely were his teams beaten because they were outcoached.

Say what you want, the Dawgs were out coached and out played yesterday for 53 minutes. There is a great deal of hope in the fact when it came to "gut check" time, they got the job done. The problem is, you can't keep winning week after week if you're standing around waiting on "gut check" time to arrive.

dirtroad

Gone But Not Forgotten
YOU SHOULD HAVE STUCK AROUND.PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A FLASHBACK.GREENE TO VERON HAYNES,HOB NAIL BOOTS ETC...4-0 GO DAWGS

fergicop

electrianhunter, The post should have read prove to the mountain boys IN Knoxville. Being a police officer its hard typing while riding patrol on the street

rex upshaw

i am very glad we had that close call....i am afraid our d was feeling they could do no wrong. we are lucky that we got this wake up call, without it coming in a loss. martinez will get these guys straightened up. momass has to catch the ball.

Madsnooker

i am very glad we had that close call....i am afraid our d was feeling they could do no wrong. we are lucky that we got this wake up call, without it coming in a loss. martinez will get these guys straightened up. momass has to catch the ball.

I like your optimistic view of this game but I bet 99% of dawg fans did not like a 1 point victory over one of the worst teams in all of division 1 football. That is not an opinion as Colorado cant move the ball on anybody(well, except UGA) and they can't stop anybody including a I AA team. Just look up year to date stats and you will see they are ranked near the bottom in both of/def. After this game they will move up in both.

Yes, sometimes close calls are needed in games you should win but this ain't one. This game shouldn't be viewed as a wake up call but rather you have some serious issues that need to be addressed(if that's possible) becuase your cake walk schedule so far is about to get a little tougher. ;)

tiger14

A win is a win, pretty or not. Just ask us AU fans. (LSU) I do think that GA has found themselves a qb that the team believes in and will play for!!! Glad to see Cox get his chance and be able to take advantage of it.

Madsnooker

A win is a win, pretty or not. Just ask us AU fans. (LSU) I do think that GA has found themselves a qb that the team believes in and will play for!!! Glad to see Cox get his chance and be able to take advantage of it.

Yes, a win is a win but to compare the AU/LSU game to UGA/Col game is just a wee bit laughable don't you think?

tiger14

laughable in what sense? I understand from a competition standpoint with Col. being 0-3, but my point was that when the season is over it is a notch in the W column.

rex upshaw

snook, the same could be said about the fsu vs. troy game....fsu barey got by troy, then troy went on to lose to tech and get destroyed by a decent nebraska team. although we like to just go by scores and rankings, often times lower level teams give some of the big teams serious matchup problems....every year we see this happen....and what is worse, are the people who say that since fsu almost lost to troy and nebraska crushed troy, that therefore nebraska would crush fsu. for uga, you have to look at it as a win, with some serious faults....and the coaches will pick through this film with a fine toothed comb and address the issues. again, almost every year there is a game, usually a loss, for most teams, where you realize you are not as good as once thought and really have to make some adjustments....and uga is just fortunate that this lesson learned, didn't come from a loss....now it's time to make some adjustments and see what both the coaches and team learned from this game.