How High

chuck14

I climb until my nose starts bleeding then I come down a couple of feet. Actually, I'm not too fond of heights so 20 - 25 ft is about my max. It really depends on the height I can see the best from.

LMCGATOR

HOW HIGH

RBALDREE beat me to it. I have gone about 45' but only in my tree lounge. My other climbers don't seem to have the stability as the tree narrows.

Booner Killa

If you put $1000000.00 at 75 ft and hung it on a limb and told me, I could have it if I went and got it, I'd tell you to keep it:hair: . You're a nut man for climbing that high. They'd have to call the fire department to come get me out of a tree 75ft up. I just wouldn't be comfortable hunting that high. Ok, I might try it for a million, but I'd be scared.:D :cheers:

Wolfhound

Ya'll are crazy!

I'm not going to lie. I hate heights and hunt maximum 20-25 feet. Man 75 feet is crazy, but each to his own, just as long as you are safe.

338mag

hight or lack of

the highest for me is 25' gun or bow when 25' of pull rope
comes tight i stop.one year in troup co i hunted at - 4' yes negetive,i was seeing deer crossing a dry creek bed with a lot of forks coming off it and the land was such that you'd be seen up high so i dug out some of one of the creek branches and put up blynd material to conceal my shoulders and head and the deer walked as close as 10-12feet from me i filled my tags(5 deer, before limit went up) from that spot in 2 days.sometimes you gotta do something different.

Swamprat

Swamprat
When I was younger I think 50-55 feet

Now the terrain and understory dictates the height. Sometimes it could be 12 feet and others 30-35 feet.

Higher in certain situations does not equate to seeing better.

ultramag

When i was younger i had a big pine that i used to climb 60 - 65 feet..I could see forever and did not have to worry about the deer smelling me.At that time heights did not bother me.I thought i was invincible.I was used to walking a small walkboard 40 feet in the air hanging siding with a nail gun and air hose pulling against me.I did not know any better, that is what i did every day...Nowadays i climb 40 feet at the highest and i have my safety harness on for sure...By the way i sure used to bust some gooduns 60 feet in the air..It was like being a sniper:cool:
Ultramag

littlewolf

Highest I've been had to be about 75 feet. Reason I say about is I had 150 feet of "camp cord" as I lowered my gun down the thingy fell out of my pouch. I completely lowered my gun and the other end of the cord was dangling half way up the tree. 1/2 of 150 feet is 75. My usual is 20-30 feet.

I think that would be 100 feet high. 100 from you to the ground plus 50 from you to the other end of the rope.

Sure it was 150 foot cord? ::ke: :bounce:

merc123

The package said it was 150 feet of cord. It could be 100 feet high but I doubt it. The other part of the cord might have been a little closer to me than I thought. Judgement is skewed when you're looking straight down. I would lean more towards the 75 but probably more like 55-60. It was high though because I was overlooking a food plot and I had to get above some branches of a smaller tree in front of me.

I also had a safetey harness on and the tree was pretty sturdy and was close to the same width the whole way up. The only thing that stopped me from climbing higher was the branches. Heights don't scare me when I'm looking OUT over an area. I'll look down occasionally but not much. I still get vertigo.

SADDADDY

I kinda did like merc123 and would cut a cord anywhere from 20' to around about 40' I knew when to quit climbing when I ran out of cord....

these days I stay more grounded and when I do climb I stick around the 20' range...I ain't superman anymore and after having the bottom of my stand fall a few times it's real tough bear hugging a tree for 40+ft...

reylamb

1,873 feet on a TV tower is as high as I have climbed East of the Mississippi.....2375 feet on a TV tower is as high as I have climbed West of the Mississippi .......1425 feet on a regular basis in North Georgia.......oh wait, you said when deer hunting

22 - 30 feet, depending on terrain, vegetation, understory, canopy, etc. Since I only bowhunt going any higher makes the shot angle to steep.......

merc123

I kinda did like merc123 and would cut a cord anywhere from 20' to around about 40' I knew when to quit climbing when I ran out of cord....

these days I stay more grounded and when I do climb I stick around the 20' range...I ain't superman anymore and after having the bottom of my stand fall a few times it's real tough bear hugging a tree for 40+ft...

Mine came at 150 feet. I didn't cut it? Besides, if you tie off the bottom of the stand to the top like the DIRECTIONS say to (someone can read them to you, ya know?) it shouldn't be a problem should it?

gordoshawt

Api Grandslam Extreme + Hunter Saftey System= 45'-55'

I like to get up there because I can get away with more. I am kind of clumsy.

merc123

Api Grandslam Extreme + Hunter Saftey System= 45'-55'

I like to get up there because I can get away with more. I am kind of clumsy.

Same here. Then again, I was about 30' up and I had folded my "foot rest" down so I could stretch out a little bit better and when I saw a deer I stood up and kicked it. It made a metallic clank but the deer never bothered with it.