Humpday meals.....whatcha got cooking. Avoiding the grind here.

Dub

Heck yea dub that looks awesome! We love some milo tea as well around here. I finally got the opportunity to cook up some sockeye salmon. Man you guys were right about how delicious it is. I made a spicy peach sauce with some banana peppers a guy brought to the dove shoot this weekend. Also picked up some sushi I been craving for a while and grilled up some zucchini.

View attachment 942219

I could easily hurt myself with that entire plate !!!!!

Bigtime fan of each.

Dub

Another vote for Milo's tea here!!

That grub looks great Dub,, really like the looks of the skrimp-n-grits!!

Thank you.

I usually make my grits for this dish with milk vs water....did so again on this cook.

I was too sparingly on the salt use and my son called me on it later....said the grits were too bland.

I dosed 'em up with my AP rub and they came alive. They'd be horrid for breakfast grits....but did really well as S&G dinner fare.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Supernice weather on this Wednesday.

Feel like I'm committing a crime by not firing up some coals and getting the smoke rolling.

Indoor cooks today for whatever reason. Hoping someone is getting it done on a grill. Post up what you have going on.....palease. Let me live vicariously through you.

Woke up this morning.....day off. (y) Made my way to the coffee brewing obelisk that I routinely pay homage to and waited for said brewing to occur.

Strong and wonderful coffee was achieved and enjoyed.

A few cups into the pot and the thought of breakfuss crossed my mind. I knew the family would be stirring soon.

It seems that we were down to our last two eggs.....grrrrr.

How to feed a family on 2 eggs ? French toast.

Made a batch and got'r'dun on breakfast. Reheated some leftover hot country sausage, too.

Later on, my bride inquired about lunch eats.

I gotta give a shout-out to @Silver Britches for the Milo's tea recommendation. I found it for sale at my local Neighborhood Market when I was rectifying our egg shortage.

This stuff tastes great. No kidding, real deal great taste !!!
Thank you for the suggestion....and thanks for the strong endorsements form @HuntinJake_23 and @naildrvr.

I'll likely keep a jug of this in the fridge from now on. Sugarfree, yet you can't even tell. Stuff got me woke up again and good so I was ready to slice 'n dice for my bride's lunch.

Decided a Vidalia would be good to have as well....both for her pizza pie and also for dinnatime later on.

She said it was great......mission accomplished for this old dude.

The leftovers can be heated up in the oven and enjoyed for tomorrow's lunch.
I'm holding out for dinner.
Hoping someone at least, is grilling something.

Don't be shy.....post up your Wednesday eats, too.

As always, Beeeeeeeeuteeeeful!!!!!!!

Reactions: Dub

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Kids home from class today and demanding emancipation from hunger.

I did what I could.

They ate their backs out....so it must've been okay eats.

They sorta threw me off guard with the timing.....figured I'd be good until the bride got home from choir practice later on. I was wrong.

So......skillet was fired up quicklike and a batch of hush puppies made up while proper grits were made ready.

Gonna kick my bride's version up a notch or two later on when we eat.

Whatcha Ya'll rolling with tonight ?????

Oh Yeah!!!!! Shrimp and grits!!!!!!!Perfection!!!!!!!!!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Heck yea dub that looks awesome! We love some milo tea as well around here. I finally got the opportunity to cook up some sockeye salmon. Man you guys were right about how delicious it is. I made a spicy peach sauce with some banana peppers a guy brought to the dove shoot this weekend. Also picked up some sushi I been craving for a while and grilled up some zucchini.

Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a plate of goodness!!!!!!!!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Deer steak,rice-n-gravy, steamed green beans and biscuits. I'm bout stuffed.

Now it is hard to beat that country goodness!!! I could eat that everyday!!!!