Hunting mag pouch for belt

bjorns4

Does anyone have a recommendation for a pouch for a detachable mag for my hunting rifle to carry on my belt? All I see is ar mag pouches?

Lilly001

I, Also, have looked for such.
I want a leather (preferably) pouch to hold two Xbolt mags.
I will be following. Our members are a wealth of information.

bjorns4

Thanks for the suggestions hard to believe they don’t make it specifically for this purpose

Mars

I have no experience with this company but I found this. Hide & Drink, Leather Waist Wallet, Holds Up to 20 Cards/Folded Bills/Coins/Charging Cable/Travel/Organizer, Handmade Includes 101 Year Warranty :: Bourbon Brown https://a.co/d/7F3q7OH

frankwright

Walmart, probably have to order online.

Attachments

• 1699458337411.png
    1699458337411.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
i'd bet that we have some leather crafters on here who could make one to your liking.

Dub

bjorns4

Y’all have me feeling under equipped if you’re carrying extra mags or two deer hunting. I just have one in the chamber, one in the sling strap.
More of a magazine falls out without me knowing, and having to end the hunt

GregoryB.

More of a magazine falls out without me knowing, and having to end the hunt
Is the mag falling out a problem associated with that rifle or is it just a piece of mind thing ? I know when I was a kid my Grandpa carried an extra mag in his coat pocket.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Duct tape. The Gorilla brand will turn a rifle into a top loader. LOL

Reactions: Dub

Lilly001

Is the mag falling out a problem associated with that rifle or is it just a piece of mind thing ? I know when I was a kid my Grandpa carried an extra mag in his coat pocket.
My browning magazine used to “self eject” when I shot the rifle. After studying the rifle I realized that if I inserted the magazine on an open bolt it seated just fine.
Also I listen (or just feel) for two distinct clicks as it seats front and rear.
Just a trait of that particular gun. Now that I know it’s no problem.