Thoughts on a 350 legend

DynamicDennis

Yep.....I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a lasting flinch after trying those.

Hopefully you can get her on the range.....working with a rimfire....then a .223 and then perhaps into what she'll be hunting with.

Patience and reassurance.

Shooting from a rest....from her shoulder....may learn to use a sling.....from shooting sticks, etc.

Bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement. (y)

That certainly leaves the door wide open for many cartridges.

Get something she'll enjoy shooting....a gun that fits her.....a trigger that is conducive to accuracy yet not a hair trigger....a gun that is heavy enough to properly handle the cartridge, yet not so heavy that aiming w/o a rest is difficult.

Put an optic on it that is easy to use.....easy sight picture......bold crosshairs....no windage or BDC noise....nothing that requires parallax adjustment.....just an easy to use optic with good eye relief.
Found a good deal on gunbroker for a weatherby 350 legend with a 3x9 vortex scope. Picking up later this week. We will see how she likes it

DynamicDennis

Very good advice ! and yes, having fairly new hunters/shooters shoot heavy kicking magnum calibers can cause them to develop a flinch that is hard to get over
She has shot 22's, 223, 243, and multiple handguns up to 10mm. After all the reading I've done, I think she will like the 350. Worst case scenario, I'll have me a new gun and have to shop for another. That would be terrible, LOL

Liberty

For my hunting style and the children I take hunting I have nothing but praise for the 350L shooting the Hornady whitetail 170gr. It has impressed me each time it has taken a deer.
Have you caught a bullet yet? I was wondering how they opened up compared to other brands of ammunition.

jcd465

Have you caught a bullet yet? I was wondering how they opened up compared to other brands of ammunition.
I have not. Pass through on all 6 deer killed with it. The out wound has been impressive. I am so happy with the round every time I see a box on the shelf I purchase and stick back.