Hunting mag pouch for belt

Bobby Bigtime

I was raised to always have extra ammo with you. Extra magazines are a good way to carry that ammo and a quick reload is nice to have as well, regardless of the kind of marksman we might be or think we are. Those of us that live and hunt in truly remote areas were brought up to be prepared with all the basic necessities and a gun without ammo is a poor tool for anything. The general rule from 1970s hunter's safety class was to carry a box of ammo in Case one needed to signal for help in an emergency or if help was a long way off. Out here it certainly can be. It was and still is very common practice to have more than you need with you. Yes not all of us are remote and the cell phone bridges a lot of that safety gap but some of us are in the habit of carrying extra, even if the just in case never happens.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I was raised to always have extra ammo with you. Extra magazines are a good way to carry that ammo and a quick reload is nice to have as well, regardless of the kind of marksman we might be or think we are. Those of us that live and hunt in truly remote areas were brought up to be prepared with all the basic necessities and a gun without ammo is a poor tool for anything. The general rule from 1970s hunter's safety class was to carry a box of ammo in Case one needed to signal for help in an emergency or if help was a long way off. Out here it certainly can be. It was and still is very common practice to have more than you need with you. Yes not all of us are remote and the cell phone bridges a lot of that safety gap but some of us are in the habit of carrying extra, even if the just in case never happens.

I carry 11 270 bullets with me anytime I have my rifle in hand. 8 bullets in a small leather cartridge pouch that rides on my belt, 2 in my right front pocket, and 1 in my rifle. On stand I have one of those 2 bullets in between the fingers on my left hand.

I also have a Scottish Sporan with a shoulder strap for a few items that stay in it. A rolled up gun rod, compass, folding Case knife, tiny bottle of bug dope, predator call, scratch box, two means of making fire, small candle, length of cordage, Benedryl and blood clotter.

Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
looks good...they also make a 10rd shotgun shell pouch that is close to the same price.

bjorns4

I, Also, have looked for such.
I want a leather (preferably) pouch to hold two Xbolt mags.
I will be following. Our members are a wealth of information.
So I found a generic leatherman multitool pouch that fits perfect for $3.00 online.

Reactions: Dub

SC Hunter

Georgia based company....

View attachment 1286590View attachment 1286591View attachment 1286592View attachment 1286593
Armageddon gear is some good stuff. I visit the office pretty regularly since it's 10 minutes from the house. Tom is a funny dude to talk to.

Dub

Armageddon gear is some good stuff. I visit the office pretty regularly since it's 10 minutes from the house. Tom is a funny dude to talk to.

That is awesome.
He does seem like he'd keep you laughing.

I recently picked up one of their schmedium game changers and a bullet bag.

Gonna spank that schmedium on the range today, in fact.

Latest posts