hybrid bows

HIGH COUNTRY

Sounds like a good hybrid bow may be the best of both worlds, do you have any experience.

I like my Bear Grizzly recurve bow at 58 inches, but would like something a little more forgiving since I am only about five months into trad...

Whats a good one, Omega or Mesa 2 but those seem out of stock on three rivers?

Can I shoot a little heavier poundage with hybrid than I shoot with a recurve?

Prob not now, but maybe after hunting season is over this year... Was thinikng somewhere between 58 and 62 inches. Maybe try one and if it shoots really good, then save up for a custom!!!

F.A.R.R.

2nd on going with a longer bow. 50 lbs is plenty for our deer, I know several guys shooting 40 lbs.

Haven’t shot either of the bows mentioned so can’t help there

earlthegoat2

What is “forgiving”? That is general pretty subjective.

Recurves usually have longer brace height and that is one of the more prominent specs when it comes to being more forgiving.

Hybrids have different pull characteristics than a recurve but will still hold at the same weight regardless of limb design.

What is your draw length? 29” or above and 58” is minimum for a recurve and 62” for a hybrid longbow. 64” for a regular longbow.

The most “forgiving” bow I have ever shot was a David Miller Hill style longbow 53#@29” 66” long (I am an 29” draw length) and was a string follow design. Not a high performance design like a hybrid longbow but shot very well with a perfectly linear draw take up.

HIGH COUNTRY

Really appreciate.

Will def try shooting some longer hybrid bows after hunting season,after five months or so - I am doing better and believe I can accurately hit a deer as long as I stay within fifteen years preferably; maybe twenty if conditions are perfect. Next step is to start shooting out of a tree, will probably stay lower like 16 feet no higher than 18 feet compared to compound in the past. I may can work up to 50 over time but I want to shoot a lot, it is so addictive so I will probably stay around 45 lb range. I realize now that I liked or at least shot better the 60 inch black hunter than I do the 58 inch Grizzly, though I do love the looks and feel of my Grizzly... First hunt is a week from Sunday, and then a possible four day hunt the next weekend which is my second chance to go after ES starts in deep sw ga counties.