I don't care who the new Pope is

Mako22

BANNED
The media keeps reporting that the "world" is waiting to hear who the new Pope is. I could care less who the new Pope is and I'm not sitting around waiting for smoke to come out of a smoke stack. I have one mediator between me and God: the Lord Jesus Christ, and that is scriptural

barryl

The media keeps reporting that the "world" is waiting to hear who the new Pope is. I could care less who the new Pope is and I'm not sitting around waiting for smoke to come out of a smoke stack. I have one mediator between me and God: the Lord Jesus Christ, and that is scriptural
x 2 !!!

bigdawg25

o_Ok, but the point is that 1.2 billion catholics are waiting for a new pope; and that in itself makes it a single largest religious body under one leader.

Don't you really mean, "You couldn't care less"? Or did you already "care more"? :D

And really - who gives a flying flip about that nonsense. The Pope is just a dude that gets paid a good sum of money, and actually never has to do any work at all........because he is merely a figurehead who plays the game really well and has the best image. Does "corporate suit" or "politician" come to mind? Seriously, that is all he is (or they are).

bigdawg25

Don't you really mean, "You couldn't care less"? Or did you already "care more"? :D

And really - who gives a flying flip about that nonsense. The Pope is just a dude that gets paid a good sum of money, and actually never has to do any work at all........because he is merely a figurehead who plays the game really well and has the best image. Does "corporate suit" or "politician" come to mind? Seriously, that is all he is (or they are).

what you just described is the job profile of every Pastor, Minister or bishop of all the church denominations.....just to keep things equal, lets throw all of them out then.

what you just described is the job profile of every Pastor, Minister or bishop of all the church denominations.....just to keep things equal, lets throw all of them out then.

Uh...yeah. LOL
Figureheads are just "blowhards" that make a living off of their ego, are they not?
Folks literally pay them money to get smoke blown up their posterior sphincter...plain and simple. Who is the ho', and who is the john? :bounce:

Artfuldodger

I care, I might want to convert. At least Catholics understand it takes more to being a Christian than believing in OSAS.

panfried0419

So what do you call your pastor, preacher, or reverend???

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
This particular forum..............

> Spiritual Help and Religion Discussions > Christianity & Judaism

........... is a pretty clean cut spiritual forum. Not the place for unholy chatter. Discussing, disagreeing and debating Christianity and Judaism are fine, but so far this thread is doing neither.

centerpin fan

If the Pope is voted on and so hard to pick, can we really say the choice is inspired by God?

There is precedent for it:

And they proposed two: Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. 24 And they prayed and said, “You, O Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which of these two You have chosen 25 to take part in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.” 26 And they cast their lots, and the lot fell on Matthias. And he was numbered with the eleven apostles. -- Acts 1

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

Agreed. Have you ever wondered why we never heard of Matthias again, at least in scripture?

Artfuldodger

There is precedent for it:

And they proposed two: Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. 24 And they prayed and said, “You, O Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which of these two You have chosen 25 to take part in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.” 26 And they cast their lots, and the lot fell on Matthias. And he was numbered with the eleven apostles. -- Acts 1

Then why does it take so long and more than one person? Why do they vote if all are inspired? Shouldn't they all be inspired equally? Will they ever fall to political correctness?