I don't care who the new Pope is

Artfuldodger

Does ones Salvation rest of Jesus' sacrifice and God's grace or our weird indoctrinations? If we are saved by God's grace then does it really matter if we get the doctrines wrong? If one doesn't believe Jesus is God or Mary is divine or "Oneness" instead of "Trinity" or "Baptized in the name of the Trinity instead of Jesus only" or "sprinkled" instead of "dunked", or"Catholic" instead of "Protestant?"

If the new Pope takes all the wealth of the Catholic Church and gives it to the poor, wouldn't he do more to follow the teachings of Jesus than talk about birth control?

Last edited:

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Thinking about Mary mother of Jesus again. If Mary has diety doesn't that change the Trinity to a Quadity? Jesus received his human genetics from Mary. Since Mary is Jesus’ mother, it must be concluded that she is also the Mother of God: If Mary is the mother of Jesus, and if Jesus is God, then Mary is the Mother of God.
Although Mary is the Mother of God, she is not his mother in the sense that she is older than God or the source of her Son’s divinity, for she is neither. Rather, we say that she is the Mother of God in the sense that she carried in her womb a divine person—Jesus Christ.
Although Mary is the Mother of God, she is not his mother in the sense that she is older than God or the source of her Son’s divinity, for she is neither. Rather, we say that she is the Mother of God in the sense that she carried in her womb a divine person—Jesus Christ.
I can see the logic of this belief but why would that make Mary divine?
The Holy Spirit dwelling in me doesn't make me divine.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/mary-mother-of-god

Mary is not a deity.

Artfuldodger

Mary is not a deity.

I was only referring to some peoples beliefs, not mine or yours. It matters not to our salvation if Mary was sinless, remained a virgin, ascended into Heaven, or assumed into Heaven: (Other humans have assumed into Heaven), or if Mary is an Intercessor. Mary's salvation is between her and God.
I'm not as most Protestants who hold that Mary is just a surrogate mother. She is a special person chosen by God.
There are other special people chosen by God mentioned in the Bible. I just don't hold the same views of Mary as the Catholic Church.
The main idea is that it matters not for Salvation. Grace & Love takes care of that.
(I went back an edited my post as it could be perceived as offensive)

Last edited:

gordon 2

OH Yea... I tell you something...! You are flirting with your de-predestination by posting a pict. of black smoke on a Texas football stadium... saying "No quarterback yet."

;)