Is GON your only.....

crackerdave

I feel your pain! I still have a basic flip-phone and can barely figure it out. And GPS? I won't get one for my car because I'll never be able to figure it out either. My wife has a Face Book account just to see what our family members post, and trying to figure it out gets frustrating - it isn't very intuitive at least for me. :(

sidenote - I'm no psychologist, but is it possible to be traumatized by learning new technology (or new skills in general)? :unsure: Seriously, I have disturbing dreams nearly every single night - sometimes several in one night - that I'm at a workplace and given tasks that involve different or new equipment and I'm in way over my head and can't complete the tasks at hand. I've been having these dreams ever since I retired.
I have similar dreams at 70 years old.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

Thanks for the aspirations of hope at 53 :rofl:
Oh I was still "in the game" at age 53. Never "above the rest" at any age, but I was hanging in there. Around age 58 things really started going downhill mentally, but now it's a steeper downhill slope & getting steeper by the year!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Oh I was still "in the game" at age 53. Never "above the rest" at any age, but I was hanging in there. Around age 58 things really started going downhill mentally, but now it's a steeper downhill slope & getting steeper by the year!
20 years, 6 months and 3 days were great in the Army...was the last 2.5 years of voluntold at the Pentagon that aged me

Top that :flag:

oldfella1962

20 years, 6 months and 3 days were great in the Army...was the last 2.5 years of voluntold at the Pentagon that aged me

Top that :flag:
The Pentagon? No thanks! I like being far away from the flagpole AKA "off the radar" as much as possible. My last couple of months in the Army seemed to drag because I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and had a sweet contractor job lined up. Getting up at 5:00 AM to roll around in wet grass doing PT loses its charm when you are over 40 years old. :mad:

flynlow

Student at the Hard Knock School of Aerodynamics
No, but I will say this is one of the best sites for general info. I respect quite a few opinions here for those topics that interest me...in particular one of the mods in the PF (he knows who he is). There's a lot of smart folks here with lots of experience and training in various fields who are willing to share that knowledge with their fellow members and of course there's a few who made the iggy list who aren't so smart but think they are and at least one mod I wish I could put on the iggy list (he and a lot of others also knows who he is) LOL

crackerdave

One of the things I really like about this site: It's family-friendly.

There are kids of all ages on here,and they can learn to interact with adults and learn to be respectful.Respect is something that is missìng in a lot of young lives.

Last edited: