Is something wrong with this doe?

Shadow11

I'm new to taking photos in the summer time. This doe was on cam a couple days ago. This is northeast ga so they are a little bit behind most of the state. Last week I had one that still looked like a cow. I think this is her. Does she still have one inside of her? Is this normal?
Screenshot_2020-07-09-13-59-19.pngScreenshot_2020-07-09-13-59-32.pngScreenshot_2020-07-09-13-59-41.png

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I would say she has a rupture of some sort. Probably won’t make it.

Shadow11

When I was down at the creek yesterday, I smelled something dead. I didn't go looking for it, but it makes me wonder if it was her I smelled. I may go look around tomorrow.

Tight Lines

Hernia. Or potentially cancer. They get a hernia like that jumping over fences or getting hit by a car. I had one on my last lease...she never died, just got bigger and bigger...

Shadow11

Yeah it's something to do with a fawn. She looked fine last week, if it's the same one. I'm pretty sure it is. I only have 3 that I know of, and she was still healthy and pregnant last week. I think she had one and not the other for whatever reason. I was wondering if it was possible for them to have one, and then the other a little bit later? Is that possible? Could she have had one that morning and maybe the other later that day? I'll check again tomorrow and see if she came back.