I've been spoiled by Jager Pro

Lip Ripper

I bought a M.I.N.E. gate and camera from a guy off of craigslist. I had a corral trap up and running, but the deer kept setting it off. I switched trigger baits (from corn to powered donuts), but I still couldn't get the hogs to trigger the trap shut. Long story short a buddy of mine gave me a hand and we reworked the corral and added the Jager Pro gate and I got the camera up and running. Last night the group of 5 hogs that had been feeding in my trap for about two weeks came back one time to many. All five were pictured in the trap at 2:14 AM. I texted the camera at 2:15 AM and got a confirmation photo at 2:16 AM with the gate closed and all hogs inside. I did all this without ever getting out of bed and from 65+ miles away. That's the definition of a "Hi-tech Redneck"! I almost forgot the best news is that of the five pigs all were sows except for the big brown boar in the top right corner of the picture!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 620

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
:cool::cool::cool:

Man I bet you are spoiled now;)

That is awesome! Would love to see pics of the trap too...........great thread and story, but you need to post a bunch more pics:D

Lip Ripper

I'm not very good at loading pictures, but this was the corral I put together (basically copied Jager). It's 6 panels of the old Jager Pro 18-56 panels. I got this up and the feeder going for about a week and then built a home made gate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 576

Lip Ripper

After a week I built a guillotine style gate. I tried to go with a 8' wide door, but found out due to the weight of a full sheet of 3/4" PT plywood I couldn't use a "root stick" and tried to implement another trigger I found on YouTube. This is when I ran into the issue of deer tripping the gate and then just jumping out of the trap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 575

Lip Ripper

Once I got the M.I.N.E. gate and camera going (sorry no picture of that) I was ready to trap some swine. This is the picture I received and I immediately sent a text to the camera to trigger the gate.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 568

GeorgiaGlockMan

Awesome progress pics.

Love it when a plan works well.

You sir killed it.... err..I mean them.

Congrats on a freezer full of pork.

Edit- I am sure something's wrong with me. That Lil-brown ugly (left row 2nd down) is making my mouth water. She's fit oh so well on my smoker.