I've said it the entire time. No Creedmoor for me

ryanh487

The creemoor is more friendly for matches and tactical shooting because it fits in the readily available and highly functional AICS style mags that are already in circulation for the .308, in addition to using numerous other .308 compatable firearm parts and accesories. It's not just popular for what it can do on paper, but for it's appeal across a wide spectrum of categories.

HunterJoe24

I think the craze for the creedmor will die down eventually. I highly doubt it will be able to compete with the .270 and more popular calibers. Ammo can still be pretty hard to find whereas you can find ammo for a 270 and 7mm in any outdoor goods store

I have a 25-06 and a .257WM and love them both. Ive never jumped on the Creedmoor wagon simply because it doesn't interest me. Nothing against it, just don't want it.

ryanh487

I have a 25-06 and a .257WM and love them both. Ive never jumped on the Creedmoor wagon simply because it doesn't interest me. Nothing against it, just don't want it.

It's not really a "hunting" caliber. They make hunting rounds for it, but that's not why it was designed and hunters are not the primary market.

deast1988

I have a .25/06 7mm/08 .308. The Creedmoor to does what all them do but less recoil. I like them all carry them all but the creed could replace them just as easily.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
It's not really a "hunting" caliber. They make hunting rounds for it, but that's not why it was designed and hunters are not the primary market.
No wonder bloodarrow didn’t jump on it. He’s a hunter. ;-)

I like to shoot steel targets too but bullets cost too much now and I aint know reloader. Proly need to be tho.

Robert28

Only reason why you’ll never find a Creedmor in my safe is I don’t have anywhere to take advantage of what it excels at (long distance). None of my shots are over 200 yards and my eyes can’t see past 500 with a scope so I’d basically be driving a Ferrari at 45mph.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
They all serve a purpose. Why not buy 1 of each? :huh:

DuckArrow

Only reason why you’ll never find a Creedmor in my safe is I don’t have anywhere to take advantage of what it excels at (long distance). None of my shots are over 200 yards and my eyes can’t see past 500 with a scope so I’d basically be driving a Ferrari at 45mph.
:rofl::rofl:

For deer, 2506 rem is very hard to beat. I have a very old Rem700 adl in 2506 and is by far, not even close, my favorite deer weapon. You want a clearcut, powerline, bean field gun.....that can get it done in the woods, try the 2506. You don't have to buy a Remington, tika makes a fine weapon as well.

I don't believe there is a nickels worth of difference between 6.5 creed than 7mm08.

For an AR platform, why would you want anything other than the .308 for hunting, and the 5.56 for recreational shooting and home defense?

No, the 6.5 creedmore will soon pass. Frankly, the ammo is far to expensive.

2506 rem is making a STRONG comeback.

s&r

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !