Jehovah's Witnesses

fish hawk

Bass Master
lying would be a strong word, but I do think you are resentful and have alot of hard feelings and therefore try to slant the truth to make JW's look bad.

Sorry dude,i dont have to make the JW's look bad they do a good job of that themselves.....All the info I have passed along has been the info thats been passed on to me!!!

fish hawk

Bass Master
We dont partake in any beliefs that have pagan teachings and that brings a lot of hate down on us, because the majority of religions are full of pagan teachings and customs.

What does celebrating or not celebrating the 4th of July have to do with religion?Or is it because JW's hate the government?Why is it yall can celebrate wedding anniversaries but not birthdays?

fish hawk

Bass Master
When did that change? Because it sure seems like a big deal for a JW to participate in a blood transfusion but not as big a deal as fornication. I'm going by the ones I've talked to, both older and younger.

The one thing they will tell you quickly is, that they don't believe in blood transfusions. Seems that's a bigger deal to them. Isn't sin still sin? Why is more emphasis put on blood transfusions than fornication? Also why can't a JW have a blood transfusion, is there any Biblical against it?

Adultery is the only reason a Witness can divorce another!!!and then it's up to a bunch of elders,circuit overseer whether your dis-fellowshiped or not.What ever happened to repenting to God?and not a bunch of dudes?

fish hawk

Bass Master
I think JW's are more hung up on trying to please man instead of God........It's funny how they go out witnessing ,but have a certain area they have to cover and keep up with the time they put in doing it.What ever happened to just sharing Jesus with someone and not having to keep a record of it?Whats sad is when your forced into going door to door and if you dont your a bad JW.What a burden that would be!!!!

fish hawk

Bass Master
lying would be a strong word, but I do think you are resentful and have alot of hard feelings and therefore try to slant the truth to make JW's look bad.

Honestly, i dont think the Elders would approve of you being on a internet chat forum discussing religion.

fish hawk

Bass Master
My mom's kingdom hall has two sections.My cousin is also a JW,but they go to different sections during the same time.Why do they have the Kingdom Hall sectioned off like that?Why dont they just bust down the wall and all worship together?Also why do they control where and at what time you worship?Seems like every few months My mom is changing up,one month its Sunday afternoon worship the the next month it's in the mornings.My cousin lived in a different part of town one time,but she could not worship at the kingdom Hall my Mom worshiped at,they told her where she would be attending.Why cant JW's be free to worship at the kingdom Hall of there choice?and at what time they would like to worship?

fish hawk

Bass Master
Why is it that JW's will not stand for the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag?

Artfuldodger

When people are trying to insult you with twisting the truth it is pointless to continue. When Jesus was arrested he didnt have much to say? Would they have listened?

I've figured JW's see it as pointless to argue but I appreciate your input. Maybe explaining some issues like Christian Holidays being based on Pagan Holidays will help others know why ya'll don't participate.

Could you explain ya'lls beliefs on blood as in eating blood. How can you eat meat without eating cooked blood? Isn't the blood beliefs based on the Old Testament covenants and do you follow other Old Testament laws?

Artfuldodger

Sorry dude,i dont have to make the JW's look bad they do a good job of that themselves.....All the info I have passed along has been the info thats been passed on to me!!!

I would say most people know very little about their beliefs including me. The major problem most people have with JW's is their witnessing, kinda like tele-marketing interrupting our busy daily routines. They might interpret "The Great Commission" to mean everyone instead of just the disciples.

DartonHunter101

I've figured JW's see it as pointless to argue but I appreciate your input. Maybe explaining some issues like Christian Holidays being based on Pagan Holidays will help others know why ya'll don't participate.

Could you explain ya'lls beliefs on blood as in eating blood. How can you eat meat without eating cooked blood? Isn't the blood beliefs based on the Old Testament covenants and do you follow other Old Testament laws?

I have in the past discussed holidays on here. I discussed birthdays in this thread. However when discussing anything it should be able to stay respectful, and that is not the case on here because of some. If you are talking to someone and they hurle one lie and insult after another would you continue? Look at Jesus words
Matt
7:6“Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw YOUR pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip YOU open.

Definitly not saying it is you, because that is not true. You and most of the others always act like Christians.
I would love to start a thread about JW"s just to discuss our beliefs or answer questions, so there would not be so much false info out there like the blood issue,etc.. However if I did 90% of it would be bombared by lies and insults that no one could filter through.

Four issues from the law was kept for Christians, and blood was one, look

Acts 15:29- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”

Last edited:

hobbs27

My mom's kingdom hall has two sections.My cousin is also a JW,but they go to different sections during the same time.Why do they have the Kingdom Hall sectioned off like that?Why dont they just bust down the wall and all worship together?Also why do they control where and at what time you worship?Seems like every few months My mom is changing up,one month its Sunday afternoon worship the the next month it's in the mornings.My cousin lived in a different part of town one time,but she could not worship at the kingdom Hall my Mom worshiped at,they told her where she would be attending.Why cant JW's be free to worship at the kingdom Hall of there choice?and at what time they would like to worship?

Is worship open to the public?

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I have in the past discussed holidays on here. I discussed birthdays in this thread. However when discussing anything it should be able to stay respectful, and that is not the case on here because of some. If you are talking to someone and they hurle one lie and insult after another would you continue? Look at Jesus words
Matt
7:6“Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw YOUR pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip YOU open.

Definitly not saying it is you, because that is not true. You and most of the others always act like Christians.
I would love to start a thread about JW"s just to discuss our beliefs or answer questions, so there would not be so much false info out there like the blood issue,etc.. However if I did 90% of it would be bombared by lies and insults that no one could filter through.

Acts 15:29- I AM A POTTY MOUTH -to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!”

Anytime religion is discussed there will always be those who will become very aggressive and personal in their comments. So please take it for what it is.

Romans 14:5 One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7 For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

I celebrate birthdays of others, but if someone doesn't because of their devotion to God, good for them.
Each person needs to decide........ for themselves.

fish hawk

Bass Master
I would say most people know very little about their beliefs including me. The major problem most people have with JW's is their witnessing, kinda like tele-marketing interrupting our busy daily routines. They might interpret "The Great Commission" to mean everyone instead of just the disciples.

My mom has been a Witness for about 25 years.....She has tried to pound there beliefs into my head for years.....Out of respect for her I even went to the Kingdom Hall on a couple of occasions and Bible studies.....I was never raised in a religous household,I can remember going to church twice while growing up.My wife and I were on a quest to find what was right for us and visited several churches and differant demonations,even the Kingdom Hall,but when I stepped foot in our church home we both knew it was the place for us,the holy spirit moved in both of us,the pastor came for a visit one night and i was saved right then and there....Im the black sheep of the family because I'm Baptist,they dont respect my beliefs at all and dont believe I'm saved because im not in there only true religion.They believe whole heartdly that theres is the one true religon and eveyone else is not saved!!!

fish hawk

Bass Master
Matt

My Mom and step father keep a card in there purse and wallet that says no blood

1gr8bldr

My Mom and step father keep a card in there purse and wallet that says no blood
Hello Fish hawk, first off, let me make myself clear. I respect your beliefs. I do take interest in what others believe and why. So could you or someone explain where the no transfusion idea comes from? Thanks

fish hawk

Bass Master
Dartonhunter whats Jehovah Witnesses view on Jesus?Dont yall believe that he was just an angel?

Latest posts