Jesus, the Voice, and the Dove?

Artfuldodger

Was reading that the anointing of the Son by the Father with the Spirit, may be symbolic.
I realize the Holy Spirit is not a dove but couldn't just the dove be symbolic of the Spirit?

Also that his water baptism was symbolic. Isn't all of our water baptisms symbolic? I do realize that Jesus was not baptized for his sins but he was anointed with the Spirit at his baptism.

Then the voice from Heaven? It's never said that it's God the Father. Is the anointing of the Spirit to the Son not from the Father in heaven? Did not the Father say, this is my beloved Son?
Could the voice from heaven be the voice of the Holy Spirit?

I'm thinking that since Jesus was human, he still needed the anointing of the Holy Spirit from his Father. I see it as more than just symbolic.

I believe that human aspect of Jesus being born of a woman needed the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Even with his divinity.

1gr8bldr

Does it not cry out..... What a mess?

Artfuldodger

Does it not cry out..... What a mess?

It's like each Church or group of individuals are all looking for a way to make it all fit. The Trinity, Oneness, eternal sonship, incarnational sonship, adoptive sonship, etc.

To do this one must add more to it than what scripture is saying. I think to almost any of it to some extent.

I will say that there is only one God and his son Jesus Christ.

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Maybe we should approach God the way Jesus did. If we are the adopted brothers of Jesus, why not?