Jimmy Buffet.....

georgia_home

May you have fair winds and following seas, Jimmy!

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Yea RIP...The Man and his music will never be replaced. Unfortunately he had become someone that could be clumped in with The Dixie Chicks and John Melloncamp in his later years. A mouthpiece for left wing liberalism. But I've always enjoyed his music, and that was never a question.

campboy

I really like a lot of his songs and there’s a few I don’t care for at all, Juicy Fruit for example. I admire the man for doing his own thing and building an empire around it. I’ve wondered what it would have been like to have been a stowaway on that trip to the Keys he took with Jerry Jeff Walker!
Now I’ve got that juicy fruit song stuck in my head

Baroque Brass

Some of his music I didn’t care for but really enjoyed his classic hits. I do my best to play on guitar and sing, but I suck at it. I have fun and the dogs don’t complain too much. I also heard that he leaned pretty far left, I’d guess that came later but I don’t know. RIP, Jimmy.

kingfish

Warm summer breezes
French wines and cheeses
Put his ambitions at bay
Summers and winters
Scattered like splinters
And four or five years
Slipped away

Then there is the pedal steel guitar solo that just fits so perfect.

turkeykirk

Not a Jimmy Buffett song but really liked his cameo at 2:15 mark. :biggrin3:

georgia_home

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Always liked Buffet. Grew up with my parents and my aunt listening to him. So it stuck with me over the years. Hope he knew Jesus as his Lord and savior. Scripture doesn't mention a beach, but it mentions a river.

new blood

" He died about a ( day) ago. While winter filled the air. And though I cried, I was so proud to know a man so rare. He's somewhere on the ocean now. Place he ought to be. With one hand on starboard rail he's waving back at me." - RIP Jimmy.

Thank you for the multiple great songs and great memories! Was one show away from # 25. Was gonna take my kids to the next one. Dang it. The end of an era. Just dang it

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve never been a big Buffet fan in general, but I’d put A Pirate Looks at 40 on my top ten list of best written songs of all time. RIP.