JT, Bubba & Friends Live From The Tree. Changes and Challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Here we go! Our 2022 Live From The Tree is cranking up. Always seems like we are running behind, but this is about the same day as every year. This is the 17th year of this nonsense!

Little backstory. For many many years when I closed up shop I was only affecting myself production and income wise. I didn't hurt my company when I left for season be ause I was on a team of a dozen or more. All that has changed. Now I'm on a team of 2 and in a position that requires 2, so my time off is going to be hectic at best with me running back and forth and missing days, but at my age I just couldn't justify turning down the pay.

Bubba on the other hand is off all season and retiring in January so he will be wide open as usual!

So tomorrow morning way before light I'm heading to northern MO to meet up with @bubbabuck
and @jcooley380 (John is still somewhat new, but a permanent fixture with us now)
. We will be back on the 500 acre fine fine farm that we almost gave up last year because of all the challenges with the landowner. Hopefully some of those are worked out, but yeah...we pulled all our stands last year! So tomorrow we start over hanging stands! Gonna get there just in time for the heatwave to kick in.

Then on Oct 30 we head out on our annual visit in Kansas with Steve Hall and family at Kansas Farmland Outfitters. There we will meet up several longtime Woody's members even @Kevin Cox is gonna show up and as always lots of new folks. We are there for 2 weeks or until we kill! Steve has the bucks like always and him doing all the hard work is always welcome! The cam pics this year are sumn serious! Course the deer and the weather have to cooperate if we wanna kill sumn. Will be a good time either way.

From there we will either run back to MO for a few days or head straight to southern IL for our newest lease. 1600 acres of crops and woodlots...a sweet and sexy farm! We will be with several folks from all over the country including our very own @slow motion and @bilgerat . We plan to finish up the season there but always have the option to go back to MO.

During this time I'll be running back and forth to the store in Indiana and maybe get a day or 2 in a hometown tree! Also did I mention that Bubba may be retiring in KY in Jan?

Changes and Challenges!

Remember that everyone is welcome to post up. Doesn't matter where you are, the more the better. Way too many longtime LFTT folks to mention, but it's gonna be good!

Load up boys, it's just about that time! Man it's finally here again.

BUT this eve I'ma sip on a fine adult beverage and watch a few mins of football. Later
20221020_211621.jpg

Last edited:

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Yup, its that time again! I drove to Paducha KY this morning to get trailer and ranger from storage unit, in hotel for night, headed to NW MO farm in early AM to meet JT and John, and get some stands back up. Gonna be hot the first few days but its still better than work!
Like JT said, we have three very strong Midwest states on the menu with some serious cam pics this yr so far. Also if I get a fine 117 acre farm closed on in KY in a few weeks, there may be some late season KY adventures added to the mix?? Followed by moving there after my long awaited retirement in Jan! God willing, it should be a lot of fun as usual, and maybe a toad or three gets deflated… Good luck to all this season, we hope to be in a tree or blind by Saturday or Sunday morning…. Safe travels to all!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Yup, its that time again! I drove to Paducha KY this morning to get trailer and ranger from storage unit, in hotel for night, headed to NW MO farm in early AM to meet JT and John, and get some stands back up. Gonna be hot the first few days but its still better than work!
Like JT said, we have three very strong Midwest states on the menu with some serious cam pics this yr so far. Also if I get a fine 117 acre farm closed on in KY in a few weeks, there may be some late season KY adventures added to the mix?? Followed by moving there after my long awaited retirement in Jan! God willing, it should be a lot of fun as usual, and maybe a toad or three gets deflated… Good luck to all this season, we hope to be in a tree or blind by Saturday or Sunday morning…. Safe travels to all!

Maybe just maybe some of us will catch up with a fine old buck or 2 or 14. We won't know it all till mid January and of course @rosco772001 has already cut loose on one!

Meriwether Mike

Good luck to all the hunters and congrats on the retirement Bubba. (y)I will follow along and maybe join in during the Kentucky rifle season. Cell service is not great, but maybe can post from hotel in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.