Just took a 600+ mile trip in an EV.

Triple C

Glad it works out four your country boy friend. If the shoe fits wear it.. No hard feelings meant.
No offense taken on my part. Just my lowly opinion…it has nothing to do with green n liberals n gubment. If EV’s prove to be a better option that’s more economical to own and drive then folks gonna get em.

I’ve had the hindsight to be around them for past 7 years. They’re impressive. Specifically the Tesla. Too early to tell on the Ford Lightning. Guy has only had it a couple months. Out of the gate, it’s impressive.

Sitting in the car rider line to pick up my 7 yr old grandson in my trusty GMC 1500 with 101,170 miles on it. Gonna keep right on driving it. But I won’t rule out an EV down the road.

greendawg

You guys should watch The Fast Lane Truck on Youtube. They drove to Alaska with a Ford Lightning. They also did a towing test with a relatively light camper. The truck has 300 miles empty, but towing they could not make it 100 miles before having to abandon the trip because the could not make it 100 miles to the charge point and then turn around and head home. The truck estimated they could make over 100 miles at first, but after just a few miles reality set in.

Triple C

You guys should watch The Fast Lane Truck on Youtube. They drove to Alaska with a Ford Lightning. They also did a towing test with a relatively light camper. The truck has 300 miles empty, but towing they could not make it 100 miles before having to abandon the trip because the could not make it 100 miles to the charge point and then turn around and head home. The truck estimated they could make over 100 miles at first, but after just a few miles reality set in.
Yep. Reason most folks towing anything ain't gonna buy a Lightning or any EV anytime soon. Buddy pulled his camper from Dahlonega back to Cartersville. He has the extended range battery in his Lightning. Something over 300 miles. Took bout the whole charge to pull it back to his home. Prolly bout 100 miles.

RatherB

BANNED
The other day some fisherman came by me on lake with an electric motor on his boat! You believe that! I wonder what’s next? I’ll stick to my gas motor thank ya very much. You’ll never see a battery powered motor on my bass boat!

sinclair1

The other day some fisherman came by me on lake with an electric motor on his boat! You believe that! I wonder what’s next? I’ll stick to my gas motor thank ya very much. You’ll never see a battery powered motor on my bass boat!
You won’t see one on mine either, but they start getting 1000hp out of them and every tournament guy in town will have one. Imagine 100mph jet skis and 100mph bass boats on every weekend.

GeorgiaBob

I know two sailboat cruising couples who have electric engines on their boats. It is a feasible alternative power for them because they mostly get around under sail. They both have over 1,000 watts of solar panels, plus wind generators to charge up high end battery banks. AND they both carry portable gas generators to charge up the batteries because it is just not possible to carry enough solar panels and enough batteries to provide the power needed to move their boats on windless days, cloudy or not. Even with the gas generators they often have to sit on anchor for days waiting for a full charge and the right wind.

Sorry guys, I think clean tech is neat - but in the real world electric powered vehicles running on lithium batteries isn't clean and won't dependably do the job.

snooker1

Drove 600 plus miles in my F250 on 115 dollars worth of diesel. Hauled a 4 wheeler, (2) 150 quart cooler, food and drinks for 4 days, all my hunting equipment and extra clothes. Averaged 19.6 mpg when all done. And I had to use 4 wheel drive for about 4 miles to get in and out of the camp. The photo is the first half of the trip.

Attachments

• 20220911_105225.jpg
    20220911_105225.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 21

sinclair1

The weather channel just did a bit on evac in EV. People are
Mapping out EV chargers along the way, but just got the bad news they aren’t magic chargers that work when the grid is down.

Lines for 5 minute gas are 100 deep, more bad news the EV line in evac is 12 hours.

Tight Lines

Yeah it's like the internet. When the power is out, well...so is the internet...hard to much with an EV during a hurricane...

sinclair1

Yeah it's like the internet. When the power is out, well...so is the internet...hard to much with an EV during a hurricane...
Lady said gas pumps don’t work when the power is out either! She must not know what 25 gallons in sitting in the bed do during power outage.