Kayak Help

justinkm

Hey guys I need some help. I just got a SOT kayak and need some advise on what to use as a takle stoarge/ box behind the seat. I currently have a milk crate but not liking it maybe just wanting something different. Any advise and pics will help.

Thanks

Justin

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i use a crate but i struggle with it from time to time myself. i have seen folks with the cratemates that look pretty neat and also small coolers with rod holders mounted to them. there are some real pros on here that may be more help than i am though. the one thing i noticed , i ALWAYS take too much gear !!! gotta work on that !

Wishin I was Fishin

I use a small bass pro branded nylon cloth tackle bag with a strap on it, it will hold about 4 plano boxes and there is a little room for pliers and such in the pockets on the side, it doesn't take up near as much space as a crate and I just take it back and forth from the rear well to the front when I need something.

I can't find it on bass pro's website, I think it actually came in a larger bass pro boat bag that I bought.

This is more or less what I have.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Small-Tackle-Bag-Waistpack/16351070

Randy

I use the orange. Plano boat box. The top is sealed and it will float if you dump.

fishndoc

I use an open top tool tote from Home Depot ($15); holds 3 or 4 plastic Plano boxes, with some side pockets for plastic bait bags. I added some eye hooks on the outside to loop my bungees, so it is fairly secure.

One of the good things about fishing from a kayak, is that it has reminded me I don't have to carry every lure and piece of equipment I own when I get on the water.

frankwright

After building two crates and not liking either I stole Randy's Idea and got the big Plano box.

I have three waterproof Plano Stowaway boxes in it, a big bag of worms/lizards, towel, hat,sunscreen,Glock 26,spinnerbait bag and a bunch of other stuff. I made a PVC cradle for mine to sit in and the cradle holds a safety flag and a light pole.
I secure the box on both sides to the kayak and everything inside stays dry. And I can bring it inside if staying at a motel or someplace where it could get stolen.

Attachments

• Kayak 2 6-4-2010 4-05-47 PM 640x480.JPG
    Kayak 2 6-4-2010 4-05-47 PM 640x480.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 256

milltown

After building two crates and not liking either I stole Randy's Idea and got the big Plano box.

I have three waterproof Plano Stowaway boxes in it, a big bag of worms/lizards, towel, hat,sunscreen,Glock 26,spinnerbait bag and a bunch of other stuff. I made a PVC cradle for mine to sit in and the cradle holds a safety flag and a light pole.
I secure the box on both sides to the kayak and everything inside stays dry. And I can bring it inside if staying at a motel or someplace where it could get stolen.

I like that!