Great job Dad, good luck to them.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
A0E1B1F0-1089-4033-8026-6E709A901DBA.jpeg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Come on folks, there’s more kids out there that like to fish!

basshappy

BANNED
@Ruger#3 my boy landed that 8 lb 5 oz channel catfish on his ultralight spinning setup with 4 lb test mono. After having it measured and weighed as it qualified him for a Georgia Youth Angler Award he released it back into the body of water from which it came. Admittedly many of those who watched him battle and land the cat were chatty about him releasing it back. Heard a few bits about keep it and eat it. LOL. I enjoyed watching my boy adjust the drag in his attempt to land the fish and not break the line.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
@Ruger#3 my boy landed that 8 lb 5 oz channel catfish on his ultralight spinning setup with 4 lb test mono. After having it measured and weighed as it qualified him for a Georgia Youth Angler Award he released it back into the body of water from which it came. Admittedly many of those who watched him battle and land the cat were chatty about him releasing it back. Heard a few bits about keep it and eat it. LOL. I enjoyed watching my boy adjust the drag in his attempt to land the fish and not break the line.
Good on him if that is what he was motivated to do. Good on you for supporting him!

Whats his name?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good looking young man and a fine fisherman, good luck to him.

basshappy

BANNED
@Ruger#3 thank you, Sir. He is a good boy and a good fisherman already indeed. I love watching him fish more than fishing myself. Watching him stalk fish, or crouch down and stand 10 feet back from the bank and make casts for any fish next to the bank sight unseen, or seeing him get pulled around in his yak by a hooked fish. All good stuff. We will take your good luck wish for sure but just want to make sure you know he isn't entered into y'all's awesome fish giveaway? He has his gear already and another child without a setup is much more deserving of a chance to win.20230313_114728.jpg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
@Ruger#3 thank you, Sir. He is a good boy and a good fisherman already indeed. I love watching him fish more than fishing myself. Watching him stalk fish, or crouch down and stand 10 feet back from the bank and make casts for any fish next to the bank sight unseen, or seeing him get pulled around in his yak by a hooked fish. All good stuff. We will take your good luck wish for sure but just want to make sure you know he isn't entered into y'all's awesome fish giveaway? He has his gear already and another child without a setup is much more deserving of a chance to win.View attachment 1215109
Understood, appreciate you sharing the pics. Getting them fishing is what it’s all about.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Come on folks a week with no kids entered. I know there is more kids out there. Let’s get those entries in!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Got to be few more entries as we close in on the drawing date.