Killed my biggest buck to date.

Congratulations! The picture issue seems to be site-wide due to some changes they are making. Please do check back trying to upload the pics as I'd enjoy seeing your nice 10 point when they get things straightened out.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Post your pics from an online photo hosting site, like flickr , imgur, etc.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
^^ what he said.

ArticSnake

Thanks guys yeah I've tried cropping and they still wouldn't load. Couple other guys have sent me messages to txt them the pics see if they could and first one couldn't so we will see if other guy can

Killer Kyle

I'm not sure if it's the same thing as cropping, but here's what I do. My phone takes pics too large, and sometimes I can't even get them to upload in a pic hosting site like Flickr. I open them on my computer in the paint program, and go to "resize/resample" at the top. I then select "stretch/skew" in the boxes that say "100%", I type in 50% , or 25% instead. It will shrink the picture to half or a quarter of its original size. You can put in any size you like though. I can usually then get them to upload. It's an option if you haven't tried it before.

Congrats on a good buck! We hope you're able to get your pics up soon! Way to get'er done!

Wallhanger

I'm 50 plus, understand my perspective before any criticism. I still use a flip phone as my primary as it's small and fits on my belt. I do have a smart phone but only take it with me when I want internet access or wish to shoot a video.
That said; why in the heck is it so difficult to 'upload' a video to one of my favorite websites. Why do we have to go to another website to upload, yada yada.
I can take a video of a deer and text it to a friend immediately but I have to jump through hoops to post it on this forum. I can send a picture to my wife but if I wish to share with forum members it seems to be a lot more trouble. I have not done it in awhile because I always think it's going to be a pain.
I'm not 'complaining' or looking for technical feedback and instructions but I am curious why someone(young guy/gal) can't make it easier to upload photos for the generationally challenged.
I'm sure there are legitimate reasons that would befuddle my nontechnical mind as to why it has to be so difficult when everything else we do with smart phones seems to have been worked out to a point that it is 'seamless'. If there is a way that GON could make it easier for members to contribute to the forum, I would think they would/should make the attempt. My 2cts

nmurph

OP's pics

The OP sent me his pics to resize and upload. I keep getting an "not a valid image" message (they are 256k .jpg) when I try to upload...anyone else having this problem or have a work-around?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
With the forum maintenance ongoing, uploading pics directly is not working at the moment. Post your pics from an online hosting site like Flickr or Imgur. Photobucket no longer works for third-party posting.

ArticSnake

Well nobody couldn't get them to load and I've tried all the other ways that yuns said still can't get them to load. I sure wish I could aware the pic with yuns, but thanks to who tried and all the info on trying. I'm tagged out got my two biggest bucks this yr so now try to get after some pigs. Good luck to all that's still hunting

nmurph

I opened a Flickr account. I hope this works.

ERRR..
I'm getting a Invalid File error message

I have the pic loaded in Flickr and sized correctly. I'm copying the URL and pasting it into correct block and hitting Upload. I then get the error.... help!

Last edited:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
just copy the url into a comment right here, we can click on it. Its the only way right now.

GAHUNTER60

That's a dang nice, heavy horned buck, no matter what part of the state he came from! Also looks like you delivered a perfect shot.

What caliber AR were you using?

The mtn man

Nice one.