Knock Off GoPro

campboy

I'm looking for a cheap knock off go pro camera to record some fishing. (yes, I know, you get what you pay for) Any help is appreciated

GeorgiaBob

There are dozens of different small knock-off "sport cameras" or "action cameras" for as little as $20. All of them are Chinese. All of them are pretty standard in size and function. Most of them come with accessory kits including waterproof cases, headband and chest rigs, even selfie sticks and spare batteries. The differences between camera quality and function, in the same price ranges is too small to measure!

If I were wanting fishing videos from a single trip, I would order several of the uber cheap cameras, make sure I had enough micro SD cards and extra batteries, and just set them up, turn them on, and forget they were there for a while. They can record for up to an hour before you need to replace or recharge the battery and replace the SD card.

Check E-Bay and Amazon for "action camera" and skip past the featured products.

- - Note - if you want something easier to use and with more functions (bluetooth, wifi, in camera edit functions) it appears that the price point break is around $80. Anything from about $80 up to $175 is going to be pretty much the same product.

- - The high end knock offs, with features and functions nearly the same as the current edition of GoPro, start at about $200. That may be wasted money if all you want is to wear a chest rig to take video of one trip.

campboy

There are dozens of different small knock-off "sport cameras" or "action cameras" for as little as $20. All of them are Chinese. All of them are pretty standard in size and function. Most of them come with accessory kits including waterproof cases, headband and chest rigs, even selfie sticks and spare batteries. The differences between camera quality and function, in the same price ranges is too small to measure!

If I were wanting fishing videos from a single trip, I would order several of the uber cheap cameras, make sure I had enough micro SD cards and extra batteries, and just set them up, turn them on, and forget they were there for a while. They can record for up to an hour before you need to replace or recharge the battery and replace the SD card.

Check E-Bay and Amazon for "action camera" and skip past the featured products.

- - Note - if you want something easier to use and with more functions (bluetooth, wifi, in camera edit functions) it appears that the price point break is around $80. Anything from about $80 up to $175 is going to be pretty much the same product.

- - The high end knock offs, with features and functions nearly the same as the current edition of GoPro, start at about $200. That may be wasted money if all you want is to wear a chest rig to take video of one trip.
Thanks. That's what I needed to know