Kudzu killed my power

bilgerat

Senior
On Friday afternoon We were all loaded up and ready to head to deer camp, As usual My Gal was dragging her feet and kept going back in the house to get something she forgot when all the sudden there was a very loud BOOM and the power went out, I ran around to the end of the house and saw that the transformer was smoking. I called the city power co and they sent a truck out within 30 mins. The power guy went up in the bucket and take a look , When he came back down he said hat kudzu had grown up around the fusible link and shorted it out, He had it fixed in less than 10 mins and we were able to make it to camp before dark. I told My gal i was glad she was so forgetful because if we had left when I wanted to the power would have been out all weekend and all the deer meat in the freezer would prob been ruined. There's a tree trimming crew here now cutting back the overgrown tree line and I have a battle ahead to kill the kudzu .

Shadow11

Wow. I've seen it reak havic on properties, and destroy ppls bean/pea crops by attracting kudzu bugs, but I never thought about this before. I hate that stuff!

Toliver

But it makes good jelly.

leroy

Most anything can knock your power out, twig, leaf, wasp, squirrel, bird, pulled a cat off the top of a transformer one night