Lake Weiss Crappie Advice Needed

KrappieKrane

Best thing about having a boat n trailer is the time to use them. I would like to visit Weiss for the first time and I am asking for advice and input from my fellow fisherman. My preferred fishing method is deep water timber and would love to get in that if possible? Any certain ramps or areas recommended? I know it’s not the lake of the past but it’s still a bucket list trip for me. Thanks for any advice and tightlines to ya.
KrappieKrane

Fullnet2

Best thing about having a boat n trailer is the time to use them. I would like to visit Weiss for the first time and I am asking for advice and input from my fellow fisherman. My preferred fishing method is deep water timber and would love to get in that if possible? Any certain ramps or areas recommended? I know it’s not the lake of the past but it’s still a bucket list trip for me. Thanks for any advice and tightlines to ya.
KrappieKrane
I’ve fished Weiss many times and usually with positive results. Weiss is a shallow lake and will eat your lower unit if you’re not careful. Bay springs or Cowan creek might be a good starting point. There is very little fishable standing timber. You must watch the weather because these shallow fish really turn off after a front passes through. Im a dock shooter and this is an excellent time of year if you shoot docks. Also, take a measuring board because there is a 10 inch limit and you will likely be checked.
Good Luck Fishing