Leupold vx6..

M77 Ruger

Do any of you guys own these? If so how do you like it. I am looking at some new glass for my Ruger mark II 270 win all weather. I currently have a zeiss conquest 3x9x40 zplex on it but thought about switching it to another rifle and buying a leupold vx6 2x12x42mm non illuminated duplex. Just wondering how it compares to the zeiss conquest I have now. I really need good low light gathering as the deer I hunt normally step out in the late light hours. Is the standard leupold duplex hard to see. I hear people say it is to thin and not easy to see in low light?

mossyoakpro

Awesome glass! You will be glad you swapped up to this scope. I have the 3-18x44 non illuminated. I have several different brands to include Zeiss and Swarovski and this scope is the better of them all IMO.

M77 Ruger

Awesome glass! You will be glad you swapped up to this scope. I have the 3-18x44 non illuminated. I have several different brands to include Zeiss and Swarovski and this scope is the better of them all IMO.

How do you the range on the 3x18? I am looking at that one to. Also what reticle do you have and can you see it good at dark?

I do not own a VX6, but there's a BIG sale going on now for a 3-18x50 with Firedot Duplex for $500 off ($800). PM me and I'll give you the info.

Last edited:

01Foreman400

Staff member
I've got a 3-18x50 Firedot and I've been very happy with it. No complaints from me.

Yup, I simply do not include links on here because that sometimes leads to a sell-out really quick. I used to include ammo links and such, but have seen links here on the "LOW" priced Zeiss Conquests that then were gone within mere days later.

mossyoakpro

How do you the range on the 3x18? I am looking at that one to. Also what reticle do you have and can you see it good at dark?

I really don't know....I always carry a range finder if I need one the first time I hunt a stand and make notes of landmarks. Mine has the fine duplex and I must admit it is a little hard to see in low light....the heavy duplex or the B&C would be better. IMO