little robin hood

bigmike39

Well I just want to brag a little on my 7yr.old son.He has been shooting a bow since he was about 4yrs. old,this year I up graded him from a nuclear ice to a hoyt ruckus. I took him hunting on eve. hunt on 9/18/11,we saw 2 bucks that afternoon,3PT.& 8PT. the 3pt came in @ 20 yds so I let him sling an arrow he made a perfect shot .The deer ran about 100yds.and piled up! I am so proud of him,it is so awesome to have kid that wants to go hunting everytime I go out the door. I will try to get a pic up tomorrow.:yeah:

Last edited:

whchunter

Super

Way to go LIL Robin Hood............You certainly made your Dad proud..........keep it up!

CAL

Great job Dad teaching the young man about the outdoors and bow hunting.My congratulations to the young man and to you Sir for the job you have done.Waiting on the pictures!

Illinoisbound

That is just awesome! It might as well been a B&C. You should be extremely proud of him and yourself for teaching him the great sport of archery hunting. Way to go son and dad. This story has made my day!

kh67148

That's awesome, tell him congrats for me!

nhancedsvt

Banned
Great job! That's impressive with a 25# bow!

PChunter

AWESOME! love the kids out doing what the things that they will remember forever

captainhook

Awesome! A seven yr old with is first bow kill!
What are your thoughts on the Nuclear Ice? My daughter is 3.5 and wants to get a bow and shoot. I was looking at the Ice in a catalog and found it very interesting. I was originally thinking of starting her like I did on a recurve. She is 39 inches tall and weighs 34 lbs if that helps for a size comparison for when your son started.

CAnderson

Awesome! A seven yr old with is first bow kill!
What are your thoughts on the Nuclear Ice? My daughter is 3.5 and wants to get a bow and shoot. I was looking at the Ice in a catalog and found it very interesting. I was originally thinking of starting her like I did on a recurve. She is 39 inches tall and weighs 34 lbs if that helps for a size comparison for when your son started.

If you live close to Academy in Mcdonough stop by and let her try out the Nuclear Ice. They let my 5yr old shoot it, even adjusted it for his draw.
That's what he's getting for x-mas, just don't tell him.

Awesome deer for your son. Can't wait till mine can sit in a stand for more than 45min.