Live From The Lake

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Indian Mound is near where the Chattahoochee dumps into the lake. I very much prefer day hunting. I can't deal with the bugs the lights bring in and I don't like not being able to judge the size. Do you hunt with a guide or do it yourself?
I’ve got a guide. He only hunts a few weekends but he’s killed some good ones over the years. Pretty reasonabley priced to.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Well we hooked 3 different gators but couldn’t get them in the boat. Friday night I set a hook in one and he rolled and cut the line. Midday Saturday we went up the canal across from wingates that leads to spring creek. The wind had got up on the lake with a pretty good chop on the water. We got on an absolute giant. 13’ at least. He gave us the slip so we went back to camp and watched a little football and got something to eat. At 5:30 we got back up the creek and got on him again. Close enough to make a cast and I missed by 20’. He shot up under some lily pads and stayed on the bottom. We waited him out till dark then headed west down the flint and I hooked up on another 7-8’ gator. My guide threw a hand line to get 2 hooks in him and pulled my hook out. We ended up hooking another 7’er that got off before we could get it to the boat. All in all it was a pretty good weekend. I got to see a beautiful sun set and a couple beautiful moon rises.

Toliver

Well sounds like you had some excitement anyway. Are you in a rotation with a group so you can go every year or close to it?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Well sounds like you had some excitement anyway. Are you in a rotation with a group so you can go every year or close to it?
No. My son has 4 points but he’s not sure he wants to spend the time or money to hunt them. It took me 7 years to get 5 points,I forgot to apply a couple years. That may have been my last gator hunt