Long Distance Range

HuntNut

I am a member of Cherokee Gun Club, but the furthest I can shoot is 200 yards. I would like to shoot it least 500 yards. Does anyone know where I can do some long range shooting?

carabrook

Gone But Not Forgotten
I believe that the Elberton ga gun club has long range stuff, not sure how far away that is for you.

Elbert County is 400 yards.

Gun Site on the east side of Lexington is 600 yards. Sorry don't have any contact information.

jeepguru

The closet one, albeit most expensive, is River Bend Gun Club in Cherokee Cty. They have up to a 600 yd range.

HuntNut

Thanks Russ
Maybe we can hook up and do some long distance shooting before turkey season.

RamblinWreck

RiverBend has a LR match the second Sunday of every month, and you don't have to be a member to shoot it, just show up and pay the entry fee. The match format is 3 prone matches of 20 shots each with sighters from 600 yards on the MR target. We are friendly to new shooters and will help out, get you "on paper" and show you the ropes. There is F-class if you want to use a bag instead of shooting from position with a sling only. Iron sights or scopes. You will need a rifle capable of shooting 600 yards (no 50 BMGs please LOL, and NO, 7.62x39mm will not shoot that far), around 80 rounds of ammo, a mat to lay on, and a spotting scope. If you are shy of equipment someone will certainly loan you theirs. There is no 500 yard line berm, only 200, 300, and 600 yards (typical for High Power competition).

HuntNut

It is not a "rifle range" it is a Gun Club, but it is in Gainesville off of exit 20. I have been a member for 3 yeras now and I think it is a GREAT gun club.

ft gordon ; ft benning have kd ranges!